Enabling HTML is signatures or anywhere on the forum is just not a good idea. It opens us up to some very bad stuff.

Here is a report from one site that did it.

"Our site has been getting hundreds of malicious users registering just to put scripts in their signature blocks. Then, we get tens of thousands of hits per hour, surely from 'bots, on member.php retrieving these signatures. A guess is that we are being used as the unwitting intermediary in somebody's 'bot control network: the signature block scripts are commanding the 'bots, or sending them the next spam message to send out, or something like that. (Indeed, the signatures contain spam-like text in addition to scripts.)"

That is just one report of MANY from people who have done so.

Alright, that's understandable. I have a technical question then. If I have a picture hosted somewhere and they have only HTML code available for posting it elsewhere, how do I convert that to BB code which this site can use? I'm not real savvy with this kind of stuff.

That's one way. But what if I want to put a picture directly into a post and don't want it to do the thumbnail routine?

I occasionally do this by inserting a link from Photobuckert:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/V7Goose/Flagmount4.jpg

In this case I just clicked on the "IMG Code" box, which automatically copies the link, then pasted it into the reply. Frankly, I like these pictures better thn the thumbnails, but I usually am too lazy to go to the trouble to put the pix on Photobucket first, then copy that link.

Goose

I'm using a Picassa account with Google, which doesn't have an IMG code box, only an HTML code box and a direct link box. I'm trying to figure out how to convert the HTML code to IMG code. I've played with it quite a bit and can't get anything to work.