IGNORED

Specific questions on ZUMO 550

WIKD

I am loking at buying the Zumo 550 and just have a couple questions I can't seem to find answers to on the web.

1. Will the Zumo wire into our radios the same as an MP3 player or XM radio? I have read a lot about bluetooth headsets or ear buds but want to just plug it in to the radio.
  2. If it does plug into our radios will the MP3 play in stereo?
  3. Is it worth the extra money for the 550 instead of the 450? Bluetooth is not as important to me but I like the XM radio.
  4. Is there any cheaper option than almost $200 for the XM radio antenna?

I now have a seperate XM radio and a MP3 player on the bike, neither of which is waterproof. I'm just looking at one thing that will give me the GPS plus the other features. Thanks for your input.

I am loking at buying the Zumo 550 and just have a couple questions I can't seem to find answers to on the web.

1. Is it worth the extra money for the 550 instead of the 450? Bluetooth is not as important to me but I like the XM radio.
  2. Is there any cheaper option than almost $200 for the XM radio antenna?

I now have a seperate XM radio and a MP3 player on the bike, neither of which is waterproof. I'm just looking at one thing that will give me the GPS plus the other features. Thanks for your input.

Since the first two were already answered I'll take the next.

3. YES!! If I am not mistaken the 440 doesn't have an MP3 Player or take a SD card, the XM radio option is only with the 550. If you get one of BuddyRich's cables and you have a Bluetooth compatible phone you will not be disappointed.

4. Check Ebay, I have seen them there for in the $160.00 range.

I heard that if you wrap your helmet with tinfoil (shiny side out) and run one wire from foil and the other to the ground that that would get you a lot of reception... or was that attention??? :confused24: The use of aluminum helmets has also been a common guerrilla tactic against the government's invasive tactics and aids in the prevention of alien abduction. I prefer the aluminum duct tape for helmets. :whistling:

If you don’t like that idea you could look for a refurbished GXM30 antenna. There’s not many around but I managed to find one in Canada for $175. US prices are still much better then here, check out this link for a new one. http://buyeretail.com/product.asp?i=GARGXM30

i Heard That If You Wrap Your Helmet With Tinfoil (shiny Side Out) And Run One Wire From Foil And The Other To The Ground That That Would Get You A Lot Of Reception... Or Was That Attention??? :confused24: The Use Of Aluminum Helmets Has Also Been A Common Guerrilla Tactic Against The Government's Invasive Tactics And Aids In The Prevention Of Alien Abduction. I Prefer The Aluminum Duct Tape For Helmets. :whistling:

if You Don’t Like That Idea You Could Look For A refurbished Gxm30 Antenna. There’s Not Many Around But I Managed To Find One In Canada For $175. Us Prices Are Still Much Better Then Here, Check Out This Link For A New One. http://buyeretail.com/product.asp?i=gargxm30

yikes......definately Too Much Coffee ......

Nothing Against zumo, but in my opinion, you are paying for name(Like Harley).

GPS technology is growing daily,as other stuff. Only think you are realy need out of GPS is weaterproof one. Magellan road mate 2200T has all bells and whistles as zumo, exept XM radio. And Price is way less than zumo. I Have this one for last 2 years, and never have a problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858191017

Actually, the answer you got for the auxilliary imput is only partially correct. You can only have one thing at a time working on the aux. I use a separate satelite radio XM, because I use the same unit in all 3 of my cars as well as on the bike and in the house. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than the ugly garmin antena unit that looks like a miniature flying saucer no matter where you put it. So, in order to make it all work together I had to put in an additional switch which allows me to listen to XM and not hear the garmin or switch to the garmin and MP3 with instructions interupting the music.

Anyhow it all works great together. As far as the bluetooth I haven't got the mike piped to the headset yet but other than that all works grat. Can't say I am too excited about talking on the phone while riding but the convenience of not missing phone calls while riding is there.....

Actually, the answer you got for the auxilliary imput is only partially correct. You can only have one thing at a time working on the aux.

Unless you split the fairing and put a splitter, inline, into the existing AUX connector and run a second cable for the GPS unit. Then you can plug your GPS into the extra cable and still have input in the aux connector by the cassette deck.

Like this:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905