IGNORED

Works Performance Shock

Got my Works Performance Shock This AM and Installed it.A BIG Thank You to Ponch for letting me question him on the installation. Yamaha paid for 338.95 of it and I footed the rest of the bill and installed it. It took about 2 hours as I kept screwing up and could not get the bolt in but working with the jack and feeding the bolt at the same time I got it. ALSO A Big THANK YOU to Rick at Buckeye Performance for his help in getting it in just a little over 2 weeks.he was VERY courteous and I appreciate him putting up with me! Initial Eval is I like it ALOT,Have a few minor adjustments and it will be perfect. Again,Thanks Ponch and RickH. Tom

hi tom

glad to hear your back on the road again. when my shock goes out again, i'll go with the works performance shock too.

best reguards

don c.

Let me know if you do it..I know ALL the secrets on the installment now! Piece of cake but it does help to have 3 hands. The only real conflict I had was the lower spacer on the shock was just a hair to wide for a perfect fit but grinding just a very very little and it fit like a glove.

Hey Tom, How did you get Yamaha to pay for part of it ?

Buddy,I got VERY Pi644ed Off and called California and they said they did not know when the backorder would be filled ..I said not good enough..Pay for your cost on my new shock and I will quit calling so they did it,got the check from the local Yamaha dealer. Tom

Edited by Tom

thanks for the offer tom i'll keep you in mind. hopefully it will last awhile. but it did start groaning last month, had to add the 1/2oz forkoil and 1/2 oz atf that rick bulter talked

about.that made it quite again. this shock not even a year old yet.

don c. :detective:

I told you that you would like it. That thing is pretty big compared to the stock one huh?

Glad you got it installed, congrats!

Yes it is Wayne..I think I need to tighten it just a bit,(adjust the tension) but the bike is smoother thatn it has ever been.Took Debby for a 100 mile cruise with the trailer and very enjoyable..EXCEPT for the 102 degree day! Tom