IGNORED

Chatter Box?

Adams99

My dad and I do a lot of riding together. Before I purchased my 2nd gen. Venture, we both used the 2 channel Multi Sport Chatter Box(http://www.chatterboxusa.com/hjc_frs.html). My Chatter Box no longer works and am concidering getting a head set for the Venture. I am still unsure as to what headset to get because I want quality sound from my radio so I will probably have to dish out some coin and get the more expensive J&M headset.

My question is can I communicate with a 2 channel Multi Sport Chatter Box using the CB on my Venture? I am by far no electronics expert, but looking in the owners manual for both, the radio frequencies are not compatible. If I cannot communicate with the 2 channel Multi Sport Chatter Box, what alternative do I have? Maybe it will be easier to have my dad purchase a Venture. :rotf:

I use J&M, got mine at Wingstuff.com they have the best price for J&M.........I really like mine good sound quality for communication and music.............Shipping is pretty quick too, I got mine is less than 4 days after ordering.

www.wingstuff.com

J&M HS8154 Headset for Goldwing w/1Piece Cord - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

First of all...if going the headset route, I wouldnt spend alot of money on the j+m...the ones from wingthings are just fine.

If you want to spend a little more then seriously look at the the edsets. The demo they show on the their site is impressive. Sounds like a good sounding unit. Check out Don's (Freebird) link to the group edset purchase.

Nope, you cant speak to a chatterbox with a cb.

Now...sierra electronics is the cheapest place to get this set up for your dad.

Its the portable cb and intercom (or without intercom if he rides alone). It mounts on the handlebar and looks very good.

What I have done with Marilyns bike...( the big test is coming) is buy a smaller intercom unit from ebay for around 80 bucks. This unit allows her to plug in her sat radio and both her and the passenger can listen and talk to each other. It also has the ability to attach a portable cb (not included).

I dont know how good this thing is...but I figure for 80 bucks if it gets us to Ontario and back its not bad. The passenger ( our daughter) loves talking while riding.

I will try and find the link and post it back here.