IGNORED

Fuse Block Mounting

The battery is looking like a rat's nest with the extra wires (heated clothes wiring, stebel horn wiring, etc.) and I am adding a fuse block to clean it up. Where have you mounted one of these?

I ordered a Centech2 from CycleGadgets and it should be here Friday for installation this weekend.

Suggestions?

Thanks, RR

I have two mounted on my bike, well actually they are not fuse blocks but terminal blocks. One is located right behind the battery on the right side (sitting on the bike) just below the seat frame. The other is located in the front fairing on the right side below and to the right of the radio. The one under the seat is energized from a 20 amp fused link and the 5 terminals are jumpered together. The one up front has a 20 amp fused link going to one terminal. If I need more power for something else I can jumper it over to other terminals. I purposely kept the other terminals isolated because I am using one for "Splicing" my front LED pods together, and another for a common grounding point. Next time I split the fairing I'm going to run a switched power source to one of the terminals too.

I got a six fuse block from Advance Auto Parts (well, I thought it was Autozone...). It's a Cooper Bussman catalog number BP/15600-06-20 $7.95. I wired it up with its own fuse, and simply dropped it in behind the battery. Fits like it was made to be there.

Edited by Bummer