IGNORED

Missing Hazard switch?

Hi, I'm missing the hazard switch from my 84 Venture Royal, however after going over the wiring loom I can't find where the 5 pin plugs located, should it be on the right side or behind the headlamp? I've looked but I'm stumped, not sure if it's been cut off:detective: as there's no battery plug as well, that's also been cut off as I can see the white/red wire. If anyone's got one for sale with the right hand grill please let me know.

Things get better, playing around under the dash and now, the onboard computer's not working, great. I've taken the clock off now and will give them a good going over.

Edited by woz111

The plug will be located to the right of the instrument cluster, coming out with the right speaker wiring. If it's not there, it's probably just fallen down a little bit. You should be able to remove the headlight and get to it.

Dan

Oops, sorry squeeze, got too much on my mind and trying to sort everything out all at once, I'm in and out of the house like a yoyo. I've taken a look at the wiring loom now and can't see the connector for the hazard switch at all, strange?

Hey, i was just kidding :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I don't know about the specific Laws in UK, but my Bike was coming from Swiss and they do not have to have a Hazard Switch, apparently, my Bike has no Connector for it either. I was in that Area under the Fairing as well, some 3 Weeks ago and didn't find anything likely.

I know that squeeze:)

My bike comes originally from America so I'd have thought that it would have the plug, but apparently not, or at least I can't find it:confused24: there's the indicator plug and a speaker wire/plug there but that's all:confused24: I'm asking because I can't get the indicators working, the two front indicator lights have a double spade connector & filament just like a break light, they just light up.

Edited by woz111

If it came from America, it should be on there. Is there a hole for it on the right side fairing screen piece that sits inside the fairing? You know, the spider web? I think I have a pic of it when I took some shots of my spkr plug, I'll try to upload tonight.

Dan

BTW, not to hijack, just wanted to let Squeeze know that we blew about 15 Hardleys away SUnday. We were following them for about 5 miles when the Navigator told me she was tired of listening to them. Was in 5th at 3500 rpm, got a full right hand of throttle twist goin', by the time I passed the leader we were well over 85 & still climbing! It was fun!!

Dan

BTW, not to hijack, just wanted to let Squeeze know that we blew about 15 Hardleys away SUnday. We were following them for about 5 miles when the Navigator told me she was tired of listening to them. Was in 5th at 3500 rpm, got a full right hand of throttle twist goin', by the time I passed the leader we were well over 85 & still climbing! It was fun!!

Dan

i know, i know Dan ..

I've read everything on the MD Threads and looked at all the Pics ... I'll gotta confess, i'm green AND yellow with envy on having y'all such a great Day.

Your 'keeping the Navigator happy' Move brought a very big grin on my Face, even my Wife noticed my Chuckles ...

Woz...

I believe they switched design in 84 to do away with separate hazard flasher unit and use just one flasher for turn signal and hazards.....but heres both 83 and 86 wires at the the hazard switch...

83 with 2 flasher units (turn signal and hazard)

Brown/ Yellow; Brown/White; Brown/White; Chocolate; Dark green.

(yes 2 brown/white wires)

86 with 1 flasher unit for both

Black/Red; Brown/Yellow; Brown, Yellow/Red; Black; Chocolate, Brown/White, Dark green.

That's a 9 pin, square, white connector with the absolute center pin not used. I pulled the right turn signal and there sits the connector. It heads (as expressed above) to the instrament cluster (or headlight area?).

Woz is rebuilding from the previous owners attempt to strip the bike down for some reason and finds no hazard switch, right grill it mounts on and his CLASS controller... living in England seems to find him at a loss for parts... anybody here got some parts or a ready source other than EBAY or Momma Yamaha?

Edited by mbrood

Does the hazard connector have mostly blue wires with one black/yellow wire? This connector looks like it may be the one, it's got a small black rubber block on it?

The rubber Block are Diodes. They have nothing to do with the Hazard or Signals.

Squeeze,

Does YOUR bike have a shorting block or some "dummy" connector on this 9-pin mate? Maybe Woz can go that route to at least test the stuff and see pretty lights blink in the dark?

And... any idea WHAT that "diode block" connects to?

Mike

Edited by mbrood

Squeeze,

Does YOUR bike have a shorting block or some "dummy" connector on this 9-pin mate? Maybe Woz can go that route to at least test the stuff and see pretty lights blink in the dark?

Mike

I had right Fairing apart and the complete Instrument Cluster as well as the Headlight off the Bike. I didn't notice such a Connector being unused or a short/dummy Connector in the Area. I'm at Home with the Max right now, might be able to pull the Blinker out tomorrow if this would help. But there was nothing like that, i'm about 95 Percent positive about that.

Thanks for the picture Mike, it's sorted out what I thought was the connector for the CLASS system (which has COMPUTER written on it), obviously not. Why put a sticker on it and write computer, it should obviously be hazard:confused24: The bike is now about 90% completed, so I'm hoping to get it on the road in the next few weeks, it's silly little things like this that are putting a hold on things.