IGNORED

How is everybody?

Hey guys! The watering hole is looking a little dry.  I thought I'd start a topic about how all the good people are on here? What's been new with everyone? Any new bikes or big rides planned? Anybody end up in jail lately? lol

Nothing real exciting on my end, got the Venture back the other day with the rebuilt front forks and steering neck bearings. Bought myself my first Harley a couple months back. It's a 2012 Dyna Switchback with 26k miles on it. In typical Harley fashion I put 400 miles on it and it broke down, damn stator anyway.... It did give me the chance to tear into a Harley for the first time and replace it, quite the job on there, but mostly straightforward. 

Other than that I've been taking classes for Civil Engineering Technology, enjoying that and trying to get an internship now. 

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great night 

Switchback.jpg

• Like 3

Hello, good to hear from you!  I haven't ridden much that last few years.  I've had some medical issues and I'm 80 yrs old now.  I really notice my age when I do stuff like I did today.  I replaced the garbage disposal and it ain't much fun lying down under the sink any more.  But I got er done.  🙃

I sold the '83 and '86 VRs but kept the 2006 RSV. I have a gen 1 center stand given to me by another forum member. One of these days I'll dig up the post that steps through installing it on the RSV, but I travel a lot with my job, so time is limited for the hobbies. I'm also looking for a project candidate for a bobbed short hopper. I'd like a rigid, pre '84 Sportster, but the Honda Magnas look nice bobbed. Maybe a Yamaha Virago?

7 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Hello, good to hear from you!  I haven't ridden much that last few years.  I've had some medical issues and I'm 80 yrs old now.  I really notice my age when I do stuff like I did today.  I replaced the garbage disposal and it ain't much fun lying down under the sink any more.  But I got er done.  🙃

Hey that’s the big thing! Good on you for getting down and doing it! I had a part time guy as a painter when I was Director of Maintenance and he would like to get down and replace faucets etc. I told him to leave that to us, he doesn’t have to get down like that. Those old guys never listen! ;)

He still climbs trees and stuff to help out his neighbors and make a little side cash, tough ol boy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvmy40 said:

I sold the '83 and '86 VRs but kept the 2006 RSV. I have a gen 1 center stand given to me by another forum member. One of these days I'll dig up the post that steps through installing it on the RSV, but I travel a lot with my job, so time is limited for the hobbies. I'm also looking for a project candidate for a bobbed short hopper. I'd like a rigid, pre '84 Sportster, but the Honda Magnas look nice bobbed. Maybe a Yamaha Virago?

I think a virago if tastefully done would make a bad ass bobber, I don’t know much about performance though. Let us know how the center stand job goes, that would be handy as hell on an RSV!

5 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

I owned an 83 750 Virago for a while.  It was a good bike with about 50 hp.  I didn't like the vibration on the road.  A PO had put loud pipes on it and they were tolerable around town but on the highway they grew tiresome.  The Magna being a V4 is much smoother and more powerful.  I think the 1100s had cam issues.  I test rode an 1100 Magna way back and it is fast as heck.