IGNORED

Help! Idle Mixture Screws And Caps !!!!!

Help!,:starz::starz: I am trying to adjust my idle mixture settings on my carbs on my 99 blvd. 4 piper and I can"t get the brass looking caps off?? What is the best method, I'm a little scared to drill em out and so far I'm having no luck. Also are the pilot screws flat head or phillips? I am doing this to try to eliminate some backfire on decel .

Thanks

The early Royal Stars' 28mm carbs are completely different then the 32s. (Sorry Don.) The only way to get the caps out is to drill them. Just be careful not to go too far. At least they're on the outside where the carbs don't have to be removed from the bike to do this. I think the pilot screws are slotted, but I'm not sure anymore. Mine have been gone for some time.

you need to drill a small hole in the cap 9 there is a small space in between the cap and screw so if you take it slow you will have time to stop before it hits the screw. then take a small sharp tip screw and putting some pressure on it twist it into the hole till it takes hold. take a pair of plyers and pull out on it and the plug should come out. if not you may want to spray some wd40 into the hole and let it set and try again. ytou can also read up on it at this website- the airbox mod- http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/start hope this helps out. you maybe near a member that can help you out.

Mission accomplished, I used a drywall screws in 2 of them and pulled them out, and drilled the other 2, came close but all 4 screws were fine, not damaged , to adjust. I will start the scoot up tomorrow and she how she runs. Sincere thanks to MiCarl (in the chat room), Lynn, Don, and Taz! !:ice_thy-vi101212101 Also Lynn, good to hear from you, hope all is well!

I fired it up and took it on a test ride, WOW! It worked thanks to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This site and the people and their knowledge just keeps amazing me all the time. Believe me , I'm not that mechanically inclined people, but I follow directions pretty well. It's so nice to sit at idle and not hear POPPIN !

:bighug:

• 2 weeks later...

It started backfiring again, oh well,

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, took it in yesterday to my dealer and I have a creacked lower carb boot, wont have the bike back for almost a week. BUMMER! $139 to fix and adjust carbs, not bad can't wait to get it back.