IGNORED

First new rear tire....may need help LOL

I read that it is not recommended to run two different brands of tires. My Dunlop rear needs to be replaced, but the front is in great shape. I'm not satisfied with the mileage that the Dunlop has given and would like to put an Avon on (I don't have the courage to join the "darkside" just yet). Any suggestions?

I read that it is not recommended to run two different brands of tires. My Dunlop rear needs to be replaced, but the front is in great shape. I'm not satisfied with the mileage that the Dunlop has given and would like to put an Avon on (I don't have the courage to join the "darkside" just yet). Any suggestions?

There are some that will say that different tires won't matter. There are those that will say never run mis-matched tires.

I was happy with the milage I got out of the D404s on my bike and my wife's VStar. I replaced her rear only (at about 8500 miles) with another D404 because I wanted a matched set and her front tire was in great shape.

My bike had 13,380 on the original 404s. the front would have gone longer, but probably not long enough to bereplaced at the same time as the next rear.

Just curious, what is the mileage on your Dunlops?