IGNORED

12ga fun from G Force

luvmy40

GForce12gaFDE.jpg.0c7a1e4fdb7a63b438b20ed3e9cb0448.jpgI picked this beauty up at a gun show this morning.

G Force GFY-1 auto loader bull pup 12ga. 

We went to stock up on AR mags and couple other mags for the Tom Cat and Sub 2000. I had been wanting another auto loader to compliment my Savage 720. I was thinking maybe a Turkish made Beretta clone, then I saw these and the Tokarev version of the same gun.

According to the dealer, G Force is an American owned company that manufactures the components in the U.S. and ships them to Turkey for assembly and imports the finished product. Somehow this is less expensive than assembling them in the U.S. Go figure.:confused24:

• Like 5

This was an impulse buy. I'd never seen or heard of G Force Arms before yesterday. I've always wanted a bullpup, but I was leaning toward the Keltec RFB .308. I was actually wanting a Beretta or Benelli M4 style clone before I saw this guy. It's true purpose is home defense, not run and gun competition. 

Anyway, I almost had some serious buyer's remorse when I started looking at the YouTube reviews. The first 2 that popped up were less than stellar. Nutnfancy(sp?) hated it. He went on and on about how stupid it looked with the 10 round magazine in place, now heavy it is(bullpup, duh!), how heavy the trigger was(bullpup, Duh!), blah, blah, blah. Then he complained that it could not be fired with the barrel shroud removed, which he did anyway and the gun fell apart. He had many FTE failures, but he was shooting light birdshot loads from an after market extended magazine, and the gun is designed for high velocity, heavy buck shot loads. Then I remembered that Nutnfancy is a bloviating idiot, and rarely has any actual good information included in his content.

The next review on the list didn't really help either. The reviewer had a catastrophic malfunction very early on. The barrel shroud, which is an integral part of the gun, not just cosmetic was coming loose and falling off while firing. He stated that GFA was sending him a new shroud, and that they thought it must have been a manufacturing error in the threads of the shroud. His shroud threaded on very loosely with lots of play. Mine is very snug, with no play when threading it on. 

Every other review I found was net positive. Decent trigger(for a bullpup), well balanced, easy to manipulate, familiar AR style controls, etc. They all experience some level of unreliable operation with light loads but 2 or 3 said that after break in and few clean/lube sessions, it ran the lighter stuff fairly well and was 100% reliable with 00 loads

We plan on taking it out to the range today. I'll post up my thoughts on it later.

Edited by luvmy40

RANGE REPORT:

The GFY-1 does not like the Fiocchi Defense Dynamics 2-3/4" 00 ammo. Not enough oomf to cycle the action. I had a few 3" 00 of unknown brand and they ran fine. My hand loaded 2-3/4" hot 1 oz. 7.5 shot trap loads ran fine.

The Fiocchi is only rated @ 1250 fps. I've never chronographed my trap loads.

I'm going to be on the lookout for some higher velocity 00 rounds.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Update: 

The GFY-1 runs great on 1400 FPS 1 oz. slugs and 9 pellet 00.

I picked up a couple hundred rounds of Blamo😁 branded high velocity 2/34" slugs and 00 at a gunshow last weekend for $20/60 rnds. The few people I've talked to that know the brand say they are fine. We'll see. The price can't be beat.