IGNORED

Roadhouse mufflers

Steel Horse Cowboy

I know that this is probably a long shot but I'm looking for a set of Roadhouse mufflers for my NEW to me 2008 RSV.

I had them on my 1999 that got totaled (not my fault) in July "23" and the mufflers were damaged badly in the crash and I didn't buy the RSV back from the insurance company.

Thank you, C.R.

Steel Horse Cowboy 🤠

There is some on Ebay. But $280+ is a bit steep for a pair of mufflers in my book. HD road glides worked fine for me. Actually I took a long trip with a set and declaired not again. So around town I didnt mind the HD muffs, but trips I put the OEM back on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, djh3 said:

There is some on Ebay. But $280+ is a bit steep for a pair of mufflers in my book. HD road glides worked fine for me. Actually I took a long trip with a set and declaired not again. So around town I didnt mind the HD muffs, but trips I put the OEM back on.

Actually any TOURING model Harley Davidson muffler will work (Road King, Road Glide, Tour Glide, Street Glide, Ultra-Limited-Classic batwing bikes).  There's simple L-brackets that can be made to mount them and you'll need a 1-3/4" collared clamp.  Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find schematics for different brackets or even 3/4" P-clamp mounting options.  

• Like 1

ANY touring HD -  you need to make sure they are not from any of the models HD put the catalytic converter in the right side muffler.   Newer models were switched with the converter being before the mufflers bit there could some old take offs in somebody’s garage from the older bikes.   Why just the right ?   The left pipe is a straight pass through since most of the exhaust was routed to the right side,

I can speak from experience with this as I received a free set of take offs but one did have the converter.  I found a single left muffler on eBay for $15.   

• Like 1

@djh3 @BratmanXj @Freebird@vzuden

Thanks for your replies and comments.

When I got my "99" RSV in "2010" I replaced the original mufflers with HD mufflers and was fine with that until I heard an RSV with Roadhouse mufflers, I was hooked and soon found a set and was very pleased with the sound.

I will put HD mufflers on this "08" and continue to look for and hopefully find a set of reasonable and affordable set of Roadhouse.