IGNORED

99 Royal Star Venture - Electrical Problem

Hey Venture Rider, 

I just replaced my battery because I rode it to work one day and my bike has a light under the handlebar that turns red, yellow and green, the green meaning the battery is charged. Rode about a half hour I work about a hour away, anyhow the red light came on and I did not want to be at work 60 some miles from home and not be able to crank. So I turned around and went home. It was the battery or so I thought. 

Went and got a new 310cca battery and put it back in, and as soon as I cranked it the light was red, turning to blinking yellow and back to blinking red. but it will re-crank time and time again with the red light showing. wondering if it could be the light or something deeper in the bike. I called the local bike shop and they said I would have to leave it for about two weeks till they can get to it. I did not do that, was just wondering if I could check the electrical system for any other problems. 

I did take the battery out and took back to the Orielly's and they put it on a checker gave me the print out and the battery had 410cca and 12.7volts. So I know its not the battery?

Help if you can..  I do appreciate it.

Thanks Frank

On 9/26/2023 at 10:22 AM, Frank88 said:

Thank you very much Crazy Joe.

Thank you for your Service Joe.

My Dad is a Retired Chief Warrant Officer III. 

Have to watch out for those Warrants :) Unless he was a carrier or Nuke cruiser sailor. 

On 9/28/2023 at 12:08 PM, Frank88 said:

Yea I may change mine also to a digital readout. Thank you, Woody.

Make sure you get one that you can see in the daylight, I made that mistake. 

Edited by etcswjoe
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Chris gaddy said:

hey folks. I had some work done on my bike. Two of the things they did , they rebuilt the master cylinders on the front and rear brakes. Now my brake light is lit up all the time. Has anyone had this problem before.

Check your rear brake pedal and front brake lever to make sure they are not activating the break light.  There is adjustment there that can be made.