IGNORED

Weekend Ride

Freebird

OK it wasn't a monumental ride but we did get a bit of riding in this weekend.  It was heavily overcast here on Saturday and Sunday but the rain held off for the most part.  I managed to get in about 150 miles alone on Saturday.  Just a nice ride through eh country side getting used to the new bike.

Then on Sunday, Eileen and I first decided to ride over into Pennsylvania but hit some rain just east of Cleveland so we turned around and then headed south for a bit.  We ended up doing another 125 miles or so.  More nice riding through the country and stopped for dinner at a small pub/diner that was pretty good.  

The bike did great.  We seldom got above 65 MPH but the torque is great for that type of riding.  It has a feature that they told me about but I really didn't think it was a big deal and really it's not but I found myself using it pretty often and really like it.  I don't know if they call it a hill start mode or parking mode or what but when you roll up to a stop light and are on a slope, once stopped you just pull the break handle in and it locks the brakes.  So you don't have to hold the brake while sitting.  When the light changes, you simple squeeze the lever again or just roll on the throttle  and it releases.  Kind of nice. Also really enjoyed the Apple CarPlay.  

As for comfort, this bike is as good as I've owned.  For the first time in many years, I will not have to change thee handlebars or add risers.  The stock bars are about perfect for me.  I've already added the riders backrest and highway pegs.  About the only thing that needs changing  is the windshield.  The stock shield is just way too low for me.  I'll likely add a new Clearview shield in the near future.  

• Like 9

I've seen a similar technology on new cars as well.  My aunt was shopping for a new Toyota last weekend and she asked me to help test drive the vehicle with her.  This particular 2024 car has a feature that if you are on Drive and it is sort of bumper to bumper...there is a button on the console you can press and it engages the brake strong enough to keep the vehicle stationary and allows the driver to take the foot off the accelerator with the vehicle still of Drive.  Once traffic starts moving, simply press 'that' button and it releases the brake and off you go.

Happy to hear you were able to enjoy your sweet ride over the weekend.  

On 9/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, Freebird said:

I sent them an email a few minutes ago asking about lead time.  I ordered a Clearview this morning and just got a response that there is a 25 working day lead time.   If Freedom is quicker, ill give them a try. 

FYI, Freedom windshield is owned by a former employee of Clearview. When Clearview moved to Ft Collins, CO, from the Bailey-Pine area Freedom stayed in the area. 

Well, I’ve heard great things about them but have been running Clearview since 1999.  In fact, Rick Butler and I made a template for the RSV after it came out and sent to them to make the shields and we got the first two made.   I know that Clearview uses polycarbonate which is superior to the acrylic  that many use.  But Freedom uses a modified acrylic that may be as good as polycarbonate.   I just don’t know.  Both companies are 3 to 5 weeks out on delivery but I talked to Clearview and they really stepped it up for me.  

• Like 2