IGNORED

air box mod.??????

can anyone tell me if modifying the air boxes on the 2nd gin will help it breathe a little better?? and how is it done?and will it hurt the bike? a lot of questions,but if there is a way to help the bike I would like to do it.but if it dosen't help ,there is no reason to do it.:confused24::confused24::confused24:

jack

I TOOK THE DEFLECTERS OFF THE FRONT OF MINE JUST TO GIVE IT A BIGGER HOLE TO BREATH WITH THE K&N's SOOM IMPROVEMENT BUT NO SIDE EFECTS. I MEET SOMEONE AT A MEET AND EAT THAT TOOK THE BOX's OFF AND PUT ROUND FILTERS ON AND SAID HE HADE NO PROBLEMS. I THINK AS LONG AS YOU DON'T CHANGE THE HEADERS ON THESE BIKES YOUR OK.:080402gudl_prv:

I can tell you that on my 07 RSTD I opened the holes up to about 4" and the bike fell on it's face in the lower RPM'S. This is just my experience. I have read a lot of people's claims have had no problem. maybe just my bad luck. I have BUB slip-on mufflers and K&N filters. no other Mod's. I had to make a plate to cover the large hole and put it back to stock. Good Luck.