IGNORED

Need a PAINTER

SilvrT

Hey all from the Vancouver / lower mainland area of BC... I'm looking for someone who has the facilites and/or equipment and/or experience to paint my 87 VR. I have a garage but don't have the appropriate compressor or spray gun. I also have the experience, having had a body shop many years ago. I want to paint my ride using 2-stage paint (base coat / clear coat). Is there anyone in my area that has his/her own equipment and/or facility who would be interested in either doing this job for me or allowing me to use/rent their equipment. I have all the plastic pieces off the bike and prepped. Just need to get them painted.

The weather is gonna turn warm and sunny soon and I'm gettin itchy to ride.

I've researched this some & I'd probably go with JE Illusions. They're in Oregon, not quite in your backyard, but I plan to use them when it's time to paint mine. :080402gudl_prv:

Thanks for the info -BUT-, that's quite a long drive for me and transporting my parts across the border and back again is probably more trouble than it's worth. As for painting company's in the class of JE Illusions, we have a number of them around here. I'm looking more for an individual who has the right equipment and does this as a "hobby" more so than as a living. As I'd mentioned, I have the experience myself and if I had an appropriate compressor, air regulator/water trap, and spray gun I'd do it myself. I have the garage and it doesn't take much to set it up for painting bike parts on a "one time basis". I've done this before years ago when I had an '83 goldwing.

Rick; maybe these people can help you.They are Darlene and Jim Allen, they own Tri-Wing Ind.in Victoria BC.They are real nice people and I am sure if you call them and explane what you are looking for they would be more then glad to help.Their no.is 250-658-2590

e-mail:info@triwing.com

tell them Jerry Morris gave you the Information I purchaced my trike kit from them.Hope this will help you.

I use to work in the business as well (long time ago) and there were places in Toronto called "Do it Yourself Garage". They rented out the bays and paint booth to the DIY'er.

I googled that in your area and found on in Surrey. Give them a shout and see if that is actually what they offer.

BC's Do It Yourself Garage

3-13521 76 Avenue

Surrey, BC V3W 2W3

(604) 591-5889

I use to work in the business as well (long time ago) and there were places in Toronto called "Do it Yourself Garage". They rented out the bays and paint booth to the DIY'er.

I googled that in your area and found on in Surrey. Give them a shout and see if that is actually what they offer.

BC's Do It Yourself Garage

3-13521 76 Avenue

Surrey, BC V3W 2W3

(604) 591-5889

I forgot about that; however, I am familiar with that place. It's geared towards mechanical work only. thanks

Rick; maybe these people can help you.They are Darlene and Jim Allen, they own Tri-Wing Ind.in Victoria BC.They are real nice people and I am sure if you call them and explane what you are looking for they would be more then glad to help.Their no.is 250-658-2590

e-mail:info@triwing.com

tell them Jerry Morris gave you the Information I purchaced my trike kit from them.Hope this will help you.

Thanks for this info. I've found a rental shop locally that will rent me a compressor and paint gun that will work. I'll do it myself in my garage.

Thanks all for the feedback!

I found (what appears to be) a great product for 2 stage paint using spray bombs. You'd have to find a local supplier. Check out http://www.u-pol.com/countries/en/navigate.htm The local supplier I'm going through has the equipment for putting your custom mixed base color into spray can format and according to the info on this web, the clear is "ready made" and gives a high gloss finish. I'll be testing this out tonight and will update this post with the results.