IGNORED

tested rain gear and guts last night

dynodon

Since starting to ride again last year, I had avoided testing out my rain gear till yesterday.

Central IL was having those pop up storms all around, but the wife (on her Shadow Ace Tour) and I (on my 86 VR) took off for about a 30 mile ride in the country and a snack at an area DQ.

When we got to the DQ storms were all across the Southern horizon where we needed to go to get home (10 miles) so we couldn't really go around them. Tried a quick run home but turned around when a wall of water was coming.

Went to DQ, covered the bikes and went in for a salad (diets suck at DQ, but the salads were good). IT rained for about 1/2 hour and then stopped, but there were still dark clouds and lightning to the south.

Called my younger son, the techie one, and with his magic wireless device, he pulled up a radar map and said if we took off quick there was a hole between two big storms.

We hopped into our rain gear, through the wet covers in my trunk, and took off. Glad we did the rain gear because the wife had not ridden in rain since her 70's era Honda 550K that would stall out in the rain. She was leery enough about her new Honda, and didn't want her getting soaked.

We stayed dry till within less than a mile from home and we pulled into my carport both laughing. the rain suits worked, the bikes didn't stall out and we had a fun ride.

Oh, tornado was tearing up some homes just 5 miles away as we pulled into home base, but it missed us.

Not a huge adventure, but enough for us!