IGNORED

member needs help

hipshot

There not even clickable for me. Been seeing that the last couple days - on Vista and OSX.

If they are just that small and there is not enough info to blow them up, then a larger megapixel camera or scanning them in bigger will be the answer.

Tupper, I am jealous of that second bike ou have listed. I have a a lot of history with one of those.

Edited by GigaWhiskey
add

something that might help a little, if you have not it already and you have PhotoShop is to increase the size and the dpi amount. A Fractal plug-in for PhotoShop will increase the size noticeably. But both are expensive if you do not already have them. I have PhotoShop but not the Fractal Plug-in.

The resolution is such that enlarging them would only distort. See att'd "resolution" info. Don't know if it's possible to change the pixel count or dpi on an existing file.

In PhotoShop you can. I took PS off my machine here at work so I cannot screenshot it for you. It might help some when enlarging but if the info is not there, it is not there. The Fractal plug-in will add information where it is missing but that has it's limits also. I do not have one of those.

I tried resampling the image in Corel Photopaint but even tho I can change the dpi, the resolution is still distorted when the pic is made bigger. Here's a snippet of info about this process....

When the Resample Image box is checked, any changes you make to an image's width or height will not change the image's resolution, and as such, any changes you make to an image's resolution will not affect the image's width and height. Keep in mind, however, when you increase width and height, or resolution, you are adding pixels to your image. These pixels don't actually exist so Photoshop must create them. As such, you will succeed only in degrading the quality of your image.

If you want to increase an image's width and height, or resolution, then uncheck the Resample Image box. Now any changes you make to the image's width and height will change the image's resolution, and vice versa:

•If you decrease resolution, the width and height will increase

•If you increase resolution, the width and height will decrease

•If you increase the width or height, the resolution will decrease

•If you decrease the width or height, the resolution will increase

The best way to increase the width and height of a scanned image is to scan the image in at a high resolution (about twice what your final resolution should be), and with the Resample Image box unchecked, decrease the resolution or increase the width and height — both will yield similar results. Once the image width and height is where you want it, you can then check the Resample Image box and type in the resolution you want. At this point, as long as you don't increase resolution, or width and height, your image quality will not suffer.

hipshot and others,

Thanks for the pics...they were small but gave me the idea of what to expect. I took the bike for a ride, about 20 miles past where the low fuel indicated so the tank was low. I then opened it up from the top, removing the fuel level sensing unit. I could see the screens very well, and a bunch of crud on the bottom of the tank. I took a syphon hose attached to a coat hanger wire and sucked up all I could from the bottom of the tank. The screens looked perfect, and my reserve tube works as well! Now I know how many more miles I can put on before running out of fuel for sure. Once again, thanks for your help.