IGNORED

shimming needle valve

Can anyone verify for me where the shim placement is for the needle valve modification. I want to make this mod. I read the article in the tech section but it is not clear to me where to move or add the shim. I think it goes under the plastic piece on the needle but want to be sure before I do this. I also was hoping to hear from some people who have made this mod without jetting the carbs. Is it worth the effort? thanks for the help

Can anyone verify for me where the shim placement is for the needle valve modification. I want to make this mod. I read the article in the tech section but it is not clear to me where to move or add the shim. I think it goes under the plastic piece on the needle but want to be sure before I do this. I also was hoping to hear from some people who have made this mod without jetting the carbs. Is it worth the effort? thanks for the help

It has to go to the other side of the clip as I recall. It only effects idle and maybe a little on the lower end of the slide as it opens. It does effect the mixture at idle so if that's the problem you are have it will help some.

Jerry

I went to the Tech section but could not find the article about the needle valve shim.

Jerry

Edited by BOO