IGNORED

3M Paint Protection film

Guest LFoler

Guest LFoler

Has anyone had this applied to thier RSV?

I brought the fairing, lowers, side triunks, and the top of the back trunk to a guy in my area to have it applied as a custom job.

I bought the bike last Aug and had it exactly 2 days when the 1st scratch appeared, followed by 2 more in as many weeks.

Thanks All for your input!

:322:

Not on my Venture but I did put it on the front of my trailer. 3m makes kits for several bikes but I don't know if the Venture is on the list yet. Once it is installed you can hardly tell it's there. Curves are the big catch however, someone that does it for a living should know all the work arounds.

Guest LFoler

Well I picked up most of the bike yesterday. The film looks wonderful!!!!

It is nice and shiny (slight orange peel affect) and since it has clearcoat on it it waxes up real nice.

YEhawww, no more scratches on the scoot!!!! :cool10:

Of course time will tell for sure, but I believe this will be $350 well spent.

I was lucky and found a real good installer in the NW suburbs of Chicago (3 blocks from my house) and he did a great job. Seams are nearly invisible, you have to get right on it to see them.

I would highly recommend this to all my 2-wheel bretheren, and this installer in particular:

Advantage Auto Accessories

Eddie Shamo

http://www.aaa8740.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jrmehal

I purchased a small roll of the 3M film on-line and applied it to the sides of my tank where I was getting scratches from where my knees touch. It was easy to make a paper template, cut out the film and apply it with slightly soapy water and a small squeegy. Piece-o-cake. I applied it and rode the next day. Initially it will look very visible...but within 24-48 hours, it will setup nicely and you'll barely be able to see it.

2 pics attached. You can barely see the edge of it in the 1629 pic below...it's harder to see it in the 1627 pic.

I have also purchased kits of this stuff to put on my last 2 blackberry's and my ipod. The wife had the stuff professionally applied to the front end and mirrors of her car. You would not beleive the abuse this stuff will take.

It will not cover existing scratches, you'll see whatevery is in/on the paint you apply it to. It will prevent scratches.

$10 for 12" x 12" from here

http://www.vacleartech.com/index-1.html

Joe