After 5 hours of brake bleeding, battery cable change-outs, etc. last night---ending at 2am, got up this morning, looked her over and went "Self-it's time to see what she's got". First thing I learned that without a windshield, you gots to have a helmet on!!!!! Had to take my glasses off because of the wind, but at 65 you still can't see!!!! Got the helmet, took off around the corner, got in the straights, and lit it up!!!!!!! Absolutely smooth thru the power, only took it up to 6k on the tach for right now, NO problems with several hard runs thru 2nd gear, extremely smooth ride up to 85 mph.

Gonna have my neighbor check the synch, then start putting her clothes back on!!!!

BTW, sitting in my neighbors driveway, what rode by but a beautiful new Black Cherry RSV!!!!! Chased him down (didn't take long). Come to find out, he's always ridden a Venture (84, 87, 89 and a 99)!!! He didn't know about the website, so look for another Central In. rider to appear on here!!!!!!

Time to get back to work!!!!

Dan

Hi Dan,

congrats on the first short Ride.

As is said before, i love it when Plans come togehter !!!

Edit ...

nice Job on chasing down the other Guy, but whas it necessary to state how easy those 2Gens are to take down ??

Edited by Squeeze

dan. sounds like the bike is coming along great.

i do have a question, though, .

are you gonna polish those ugly "yellow" valve covers, before you put all the "clothes" back on her?

lol:confused24::confused24::whistling::whistling::whistling:

just jt

nice Job on chasing down the other Guy, but whas it necessary to state how easy those 2Gens are to take down ??

(Only used 1st gear!!!!!)

are you gonna polish those ugly "yellow" valve covers, before you put all the "clothes" back on her?

lol:confused24::confused24::whistling::whistling:: whistling:

(Would have done that when I had the motor out and the covers off, didn't have time this year, next winters project to clean and repaint everything!!!!)

Naked pictures!!! Now we are getting somewhere!!:duck:

(I knew you'd like that one, Dan!!)

BTW, after synching her up, that's after we found one of the YICS nipple (there ya go, Dan!) plugs off and fixing that, what a difference!!! Remember, I redid all the exhaust shims cause they were out of tolerance. Man, will she light up the sky now!!! Gotta be carefull of that back tire on take-off now!!!! One test was 95 in third at 6500 rpm!!! And that was within the length of a football field AND takin' it somewhat easy!!!

(Only used 1st gear!!!!!)

lol:confused24::confused24::whistling::whistling:: whistling:

(Would have done that when I had the motor out and the covers off, didn't have time this year, next winters project to clean and repaint everything!!!!)

Naked pictures!!! Now we are getting somewhere!!:duck:

(I knew you'd like that one, Dan!!)

BTW, after synching her up, that's after we found one of the YICS nipple (there ya go, Dan!) plugs off and fixing that, what a difference!!! Remember, I redid all the exhaust shims cause they were out of tolerance. Man, will she light up the sky now!!! Gotta be carefull of that back tire on take-off now!!!! One test was 95 in third at 6500 rpm!!! And that was within the length of a football field AND takin' it somewhat easy!!!

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: