IGNORED

New to me '88 royale,

Holly

1 hour ago, larrydr said:

I am not sure how the years are for fit ...I have hitch to fit a 83

It may fit, by the den ray hitch list, 83,84,85 have 2 hitches listed,  one of those also fits the 86 and up. 

On 5/15/2023 at 8:57 PM, Holly said:

Is it off a royale?  that seems to be the key

Yes it is ...I bought the bike 3 years ago , and the previous owner used the unit to tow a camper they  slept in as they drove/rode from Manitoba to the east coast of Canada  .

• 3 weeks later...

after going over the bike and putting a few miles on it, i am setting it aside till i have more time,  suspension appears to be locked up, possibly running on 3 cylinders, brakes,  and other small issues

I've 2 Ventures.   A first gen and a second.   

The first gen has been sitting for 6 or 7 years now, and I'd give it a going over and sell it because I don't ride it anymore, but decided to keep it and get it going when I retire.   Still have 4 or 5 years left.   I don't want to get rid of it 'cause I remember what a fantastic bike it was to ride.   Great power and handling for a sport touring bike, but my second gen is more comfortable for cruising.   My tushie loves the pillow top seat, too.

Point being:   Don't give up on that first gen.......A good running one is hard to beat.

Uncledj,

this is my second 1st gen, that is why i bought it,  loved riding it!

I also have a second gen, 05 tour deluxe and a 04 vstar 1100 that are rideable, have 2 maxims as projects along with the 88,  just too much at the moment

• Like 1

• 1 month later...