IGNORED

Front brake cable oiling

I've noticed that my front brake has a weird hitch in the lever when i use it, almost like the cable is sticking. I bought a cable oiler but I can't figure how exactly to use it on my RSV. On other bikes ive had, there was exposed cable that I could clamp onto, but that doesn't appear to be the case here. Any suggestions or pics of how to do this? 

When my 07 started to act up like you are describing I found that the piston in the master cylinder was sticking. I carefully drained as much fluid as I could from the master cylinder and then removed the piston and cleaned it up with fresh brake fluid and lubed the pivot pins with a light oil or Teflon. Also cleaned out the sludge in the bottom of the master cylinder, amazing how much crud you get in a "closed" system. Anyway after that the catch I was experiencing went away.  As recall there is no cable in the system because it is all hydraulic, I could be wrong, my Venture has been gone for a long time and my memory is not what it used to be.

Other more knowledgeable folks will be along soon I am sure.

When I first started having this issue on my '99 I needed a new brake lever because the brass bushing that the lever pivots on had elongated causing a bind in the pivot-point.

The 2nd time this became an issue was the hydraulic plunger in the master had a worn "divot" where the lever pushed on the plunger.  $30 master cylinder rebuilt with a new plunger fixed that issue.