IGNORED

raskcycles.com

Guest Deerjunky

Guest Deerjunky

I took a ride up to Rask Cycles the other day because I had seen them on the web. They have a nice line of leather products. I bought a pair of gauntlet winter gloves that are good leather for 15 bucks. They have the real thick fingerless gloves for 4 bucks. Its a small store that does a sizable internet business. They have other things as well, but you can try their website at the aforementioned address. Jim

I would like the web address if you will post it. My folks live in New Manchester and Dad will need a few things. You say it is fairly local to Newell, could you tell me where it is located?

Thanks,

Dog

FYI Yammer Dan...Newell WV. is in the northern most panhandle of WV. at the top of the state, in Hancock County....2 miles to Ohio going west and 3 miles to PA. going east......

Guest Deerjunky
I would like the web address if you will post it. My folks live in New Manchester and Dad will need a few things. You say it is fairly local to Newell, could you tell me where it is located?

Thanks,

Dog

Hey Dog, the web address is www.raskcycles.com. It is about 35 or 40 miles on Route 68 just 1 mile east of Evans City, Pa. Their address is on their website. Give me a yell when you are coming via message or post and I will try make the time to ride up their with you.

Jim

Guest Deerjunky
Thanks Dog. Thought I had heard of it I worked up there at the old prison.

In WV. Yep I asked for that one didn't I.

Hey YammerDan, Did you work at the old State Pen in Moundsville? That place is one piece of work--went through on a tour a couple of years ago, and decided I would not enjoy prison life? Derrjunky

Guest Deerjunky
Spent my time there. Pile of rock wasn't it. Saw some sights. Convicts are not nice people!!! Could tell some bloody campfire stories.

YammerDan, I can't fathom in my wildest imagination what it would be like in that place in its heyday. It's indeed a pile of rocks, and if those walls could talk...

Our teen group from church is going to take the tour there when the weather warms up. The tour guides are former correction officers who tell a bone chilling history of the place. I have heard that the bottom of that prison was a very nasty scene. Facinating stuff. Have a good one:) Jim

Hey Dog, the web address is www.raskcycles.com. It is about 35 or 40 miles on Route 68 just 1 mile east of Evans City, Pa. Their address is on their website. Give me a yell when you are coming via message or post and I will try make the time to ride up their with you.

Jim

Jim I sure wish I was able to make it up this year but, it sure looks doubtful. Dad would like to go up and look as some of the Restos though I am sure. He just lives at the back of Thomlinson Run State Park off of Scott's Lane in New Manchester. Evans City would be a good ride for him on his HOG.......LOL

Dog

Spent my time there. Pile of rock wasn't it. Saw some sights. Convicts are not nice people!!! Could tell some bloody campfire stories.

Some pile of rocks indeed there Yammer. I used to transport prisoners there and I didn't like the looks of the place then, and don't care much for it now! I had heard that they proposed making a shopping center in it due to it being in the center of town. It is some fortress though!

Dog

Guest Deerjunky

Hey MeanDog,

Sorry about the link error, but a fellow member steered you the right way. Yeah, Pat Rask is the female of the team, and she is an old school biker to the core. She has a Sportster from the early 70's and says she will take the older Harleys and Triumphs over the newer ones. She had an 04 Harley and got rid of it because it was too different from the old bikes. She said she has traveled the nation 3 times on that old Sportster. That makes me hurt just thinkin about it. Some like the shake, rattle, and roll.

Sorry you won't make it up this way. Let me know if you change your mind.

Jim