IGNORED

air suspention not workin HELP

Well it seems well havin a good time at Carls M/G .

I developed a problem ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr First I had an exhaust leak them it got worse or louder if you like and my suspention started to act up ,it seems the panel is all lit up when on acc, but I can't do anything with it it will not respond, so after I got home decide the next day to git the shade tree mechanic to work on it so now must move to the back yard, well I'll be A,,,*@ won't start ,,,more GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

I CAN GIT IT GOING BUT STILL CAN;T GIT THE AIR SUSP, TA WORK HAVE CHECKED FOR POWER -LOOSE WIRES -

ps was starting good befor all this , and the air susp.worked fine ,,

has anyone got any helpful hints .:confused24:

thanks Ed

I take it you aren't getting any errors on the air suspension display?
not sure what you mean by that sir, What is happening is the whole thing is lit up when I turn the key to ACC,

It reads front -rear -manual -auto -. in other words everything is on at once and thats on the side kick stand.

I have no idea were to start lookin ..?????:confused24:

not sure what you mean by that sir, What is happening is the whole thing is lit up when I turn the key to ACC,

It reads front -rear -manual -auto -. in other words everything is on at once and thats on the side kick stand.

I have no idea were to start lookin ..?????:confused24:

Ok, that is the power up self test, by sounds of it.

Press one of the 2 rectangular buttons to select front or rear, then try the 3 smaller square buttons above for different pressure levels in auto mode (outer square ones in manual mode). The round button is to select auto or manual mode.

Play with it & see what happens, you should not get an E (error) code, but if so we have the info to fix most of them.

If you do get an error code, take a look at this link. It's very helpful

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

Also, make sure the main white connector plug's contacts are clean. (Even if the lights come on in the ACC key position, it doesn't mean anything. They are powered by the other wires coming out the back. The CLASS unit is powered through the white connector if I remember correctly).

Lastly, if it still isn't working right (and all the solder joints are good), try cleaning the connector contacts on the connector cable (that should be a ribbon cable but isn't) that connects the two boards inside (see third picture from bottom of site linked above for a pictoral representation of what I'm taking about).

The problems that I have had with the CLASS unit and what I think solved them--

• E4 code - solved by soldering 3 broken joint
  • Cleaning the connector cable that connects the two boards-solved problem of getting the unit to pump up in ACC key position but dumping all the pressure when the key is moved to either OFF or ON.

Hope this helps!

Great bike but a crappy air suspension system. If only someone would engineer a solution (in addition to progressive springs) that solves the problem. Has anyone looked into a manual way to pressurize the suspension like in the Gen 2's?

I would strongly suggest resoldering all of the pin connections on the connectors first to eliminate the possibility of that being the problem. I have seen that exact problem on a class controller, and if I recall right, soldering did fix that problem.

Ed, if you need to, I have a spare controller unit you can borrow for troubleshooting...

Great bike but a crappy air suspension system. If only someone would engineer a solution (in addition to progressive springs) that solves the problem. Has anyone looked into a manual way to pressurize the suspension like in the Gen 2's?

Just install the fittings from a standard (non Royale) Venture.

Ok, that is the power up self test, by sounds of it.

Press one of the 2 rectangular buttons to select front or rear, then try the 3 smaller square buttons above for different pressure levels in auto mode (outer square ones in manual mode). The round button is to select auto or manual mode.

Play with it & see what happens, you should not get an E (error) code, but if so we have the info to fix most of them.

Rocket I have already tried that and still nothing..???

THANKS ED

Rocket I have already tried that and still nothing..???

THANKS ED

Ok, no error codes......... You may need to dig further into the unit & check / clean the switches. I had done mine last year & improved the performance of a temperamental one. I had used Q tips & rubbing alcohol, to clean things.