IGNORED

Intermitant battery warning

My 84 Venture has aquired a little quirk. As I accelerate the battery warning comes on and the warning light will flash. Run down the road a little and it will return to normal. I can not make it happen, it seems to do it intermitantly. Any ideas?

My 84 Venture has aquired a little quirk. As I accelerate the battery warning comes on and the warning light will flash. Run down the road a little and it will return to normal. I can not make it happen, it seems to do it intermitantly. Any ideas?

If you have the sensor installed in the battery, the cells may be low on water & also clean the sensor tip.

Thanks for the info. It appears we are going in the right direction. The battery was low and I cleaned the tip. Now its on all the time. I have tried wiggling the wire, on occasion it will go out. I will have to try a more thorough cleaning tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. It appears we are going in the right direction. The battery was low and I cleaned the tip. Now its on all the time. I have tried wiggling the wire, on occasion it will go out. I will have to try a more thorough cleaning tomorrow.

Ok, it sounds like the sensor wire is bad, or a connection problem to the wiring harness. The CMS is a slight possibility, but unlikely at this time.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys ... I write from Italy and I apologize for my English.

Start with the congratulations to you for the bike of your choice ....

And now come the problems ...

I tried to remove the alarm's battery level with the system that you have mentioned ... but I did not succeed.

It 'possible that the problem is in the electronic board of the CMS?

I've tried everything but I can not solve.

thanks

Ciao

Sure. Symptoms are:

flashing red light and the battery icon turned on.

I tried to follow the instructions found on the forum but without success.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=489

I also tried to buy the original battery sender but without success.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xvz12dlc2-1984_model9017/senderbattery_26h8212000/#.Uv29NWJ5Ma8

I disassembled the CMS to assess any damage, but it all seems ok.

I have no idea what to do.

Maybe exclude the alarm by CMS in some way?:think:

You can eliminate the alarm by bypassing the sensor. The circuit will not work any more but the alarm will go out. You connect a 2000 ohm resistor between the probe wire and the plus of the battery by using the ignition line or the accessory line. If you connect directly to the battery the probe wire will always be drawing electricity and can drain the battery after a few weeks of not starting. Do not connect the probe wire directly to the battery, the CMS will be damaged.

The probe itself when properly installed senses a specific voltage from the battery, around 5 volts. If the water is low the probe does not sense voltage and triggers the alarm. Also if the battery is weak the voltage at the probe will be low and that will trigger the alarm as well. Test your battery and charging system to make sure there is not a problem there.

I've done it, but nothing has changed. Everyone I've passed through.

Now I tried again to turn on the ignition and 10 times out of 15 the fuel level was zero.

* Also the brake fluid :confused07:alarm is on and the turns off after a while ... then I turn on the ignition and everything is normal ... I am increasingly convinced that the card is defective