IGNORED

Dyna 3000

I would go over and clean all the connections before I jumped the gun on that. I almost replaced mine due to a missing cylinder and upon removal noticed fretting on the terminals. I painstakingly cleaned up all the terminals with electronic cleaner than followed with ACF50. Then I sprayed everything with ACF50 prior to reassembly and the bike has run flawlessly since and that was three/four years ago.

I see a lot of modules get replaced in my trade by techs jumping the gun only to discover the module was not the problem. So when my guys tell me a customers vehicle needs a module I always question what they checked before giving them the OK to replace and 9 times out of ten they come back to say upon deeper searching they found the actual problem which is usually faulty wiring.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input Ben, I agree with your assessment by and large. The bike is suddenly dying under acceleration, engine completely dies. A few seconds later it kicks right back in. I don't loose electrical power on the bike, just power to the engine. This is what is leading me to think the module, but I will definitely check out what you've share, thank you buddy.