IGNORED

Smaller front tire

midnightventure

I put on the smaller front tire 500 miles ago and thought I would express my opinion. It definitely makes a difference. At parking lot speeds it is easier to turn. I didn't really have

a problem with the way it handled before but thought I would try it. After I wear this one out I will go back to stock size because the wind blows it around a lot more now.

what i noticed when i put mine on was much better low speed handling,and more agressive at highway speeds. took about a half hour to get used to the touchy straight line handling. great imnprovement over the stock width. with over 10,000 mi. on my avons i would never never look back. bill :)

You're not the first one to say the wind now blows the bike around more. I gotta say though, I don't understand the comment. I didn't find that to happen at all when I went to the narrower front tire. It took me all of thirty seconds to learn the handling of a new set of tires over the old ones.

I sure like my little Avon and no problem with real winds. I do find something slight going on that may relate to which direction even the lightest breeze is coming from and having handle bar mounted fairing. I now think the wide front tire was just to hide what the fairing does to the bike.

Now for real winds I think the bike may be even better tracking then stock. It doesn't take as much muscle to fight a strong cross wind. Sometimes the desert breezes can get really strong here in Tucson. Recently I had a commute the had winds strong enough that a couple of times I thought the stronger gusts were going to blow me over while waiting at a light. Once I was under way they were nothing to deal with. I think they are also a bit better on the tar snakes then the original Dunlop D404s were.

Jerry

I have the Avon smaller front tire and I won't be doing these again... My rear Avon is done after less than 7,500 miles.. running 46-48 lbs. I don't like the Avons on wet roads it feels like riding on ice. I think the smaller front tire is better in the parking lots but lack stability when running hard through curves and tends to wander and reacts badly to bumps in the curves... I'm going back to Dunlops.. gonna try the Elite 3s... No more Avons for me.

I am of the "wanders around in the wind" crowd. I just got a new e3 for the front. I'm gonna see if that as opposed to the original d404 makes a difference. If not, i think I'm gonna go back to the stock size for more stable tracking in the wind.