Has anyone ever noticed the warning light to start blinking when you are really cranking it up? I'm not over revving the motor, just winding her out through the gears to around 75-80 mph. As soon as I back off it stops flashing. The first time I saw it I thought my stand was coming down. Any suggestions? Thanks, P.S. it doesn't do it everytime :confused24:

If I remember correctly (and am not confusing this with the cmputer on my XJ750) the little whizzbox does periodic checks, but also every time you engage a brake. If something is found to be wrong, the light flashes to let you know for a little while and then just glows steadily. When you accelerate hard, it may be that the vibration is enough to jiggle the brake light switch and trigger a signal.

I don't know if you would get this effect if there is nothing 'wrong'. On mine I have an Odyssey battery and better front master cylinder and have not added extra wiring to fool the computer (which always thought my headlight was faulty anyway) so I get the warning red light, still or flashing anyway.

Just a thought. Mine did that, every once in awhile, when I was going on the highway (hard right hand lean cloverleaf) and I would run the gears pretty hard once I hit the highway/ The oil light picture would come also also. Both go out after a few seconds. Oil level was fine. Mine would happen, mostly, if it was colder out though. Try and see if the oil can picture comes on at the same time.

When I accellerate hard, sometimes my oil indicator comes on if my oil level is at the low end of the OK range.

I surmise that all the oil gets pumped up and into circulation in the engine and there isn't enough left in the pan to keep the level sensor sfloat.

How is your oil level ?

Brian H.

Thanks, My oil level may be a touch on the low side of the site glass and I will start looking for loose connections. I really would rather keep my eyes up when winding her up like that, you know those wild animals,cars, and tourists. Again thanks