IGNORED

removing rear wheel

maplehawk

I removed mine about an hour ago to have new tires put on. I can't say that there is not an easier way but this is the way I do it.

I remove both saddle bags and both mufflers. I them remove the brake caliper bracket. I then lift the bike with my lift and Carbon One lift adapter. Remove the axle bolt. Let the wheel come out the bottom.

I remove the right muffler so I can pull out the axle. Loosen the nut on the left side and the pinch bolt on the right and slide out the axle. The bracket that holds the caliper will just lift up and off. I always lube the splines on the drive shaft so I remove the final drive. Then with the bike on the center stand, I lean it over and let the right foot peg on the crash bar rest on a floor jack. The wheel will easily slid out the left side. I don't remove the saddle bags. I also strap the center stand to the front crash bar so it will stay put.

I use the same procedure as Don, but since im not as strong as he is:whistling:I usually place a automotive type of floor jack just under the rear tire, coming in from the right side. Once I remove the axle I take the pressure off the tire by raising it ever so slightly and I work it off the splines, pulling the jack out to the right slowly. Once things clear I let the jack down slowly. You do have to remove the jack to finally get the wheel out from under. Same procedure in reverse to install.