IGNORED

Oil Pressure light??

Guest kimrpaige

Guest kimrpaige

Hello,

I am new to Ventures and I have just noticed after changing my oil that there is no oil pressure warning, just a level low warning. Hmmmm I find this very odd. I think this is the first vehicle that I have owned without a oil press light or gauge. Am I missing something?? Kim

I would add that it's Yamaha thing, at least from that era. Viragos are like that, as was the 87 Radian I had. I think it's more useful, actually. You always hear that the pressure idiot lights have such a low setpoint that by the time they come on you've already done the damage. The level light seems useful to me.

Jeremy

Ditto what Gearhead said. Also, the bikes I've seen with the pressure gauge installed, the pressure is so low at idle that the cheap gauges barely read when the bike is warm. It is a very low pressure system, especially at idle.

I like the low level warning light. That way if I mess up and don't put enough oil in, or develop a leak, I get a warning right away, while there is still oil in the pan, not after the pressure drops enough to set off a low pressure indicator. You can always put an oil pressure gauge in though. I think there was at one time a writeup in the tech library about gauges, but that must have been before the great system crash of 2006.