IGNORED

PLEASE READ: Email Addresses

Freebird

Folks, I sent out a mailing tonight regarding the International Rally and got probably 200 bounced emails. Please check your email addresses to verify that you have them updated with your latest ones.

Also, MANY of you have added spam solutions that require the sender to click on a link, go to a website and confirm who they are. I don't blame you for doing that but I just don't have time to go to all those sites and confirm it. All of those programs have "whitelists" so that you can add people that you know to them. If you wish to receive email from this site regarding private messages you receive, replies to your posts, etc., you need to add venturerider.org to your white list. Otherwise, you will not be getting any emails.

I'm going to install a custom script that will automatically move members with invalid email addresses to a different usergroup. You will not be able to post until you correct the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Don I won't have a good email address for another few days. I have moved from Texas to Delaware and we won't get the cable connected on the new pad until tomorrow. I promise I will update it as soon as possible....Please don't banish me it's scarry out there all be yourself.

Don I won't have a good email address for another few days. I have moved from Texas to Delaware and we won't get the cable connected on the new pad until tomorrow. I promise I will update it as soon as possible....Please don't banish me it's scarry out there all be yourself.

No problem. Just please update your email in the UserCP when you are up and running again.

weird..I didnt get the email nor have i been placed in a nonposting group????:think:

also I have not been getting the little emails that say you have a new private message either, ever since the new server

You may want to check your "White List". They are not bouncing so they must be going to your spam folder.

Everybody should make sure that the domain venturerider.org is in your white list and also my email address, dk_nelson@verizon.net

Cinderella,

I remember that you are using Yahoo. They have gotten terrible about blocking emails and a LOT of forums are having a problem with them. I personally HATE yahoo email. I get notices on every yahoo account here that the mails have been delayed. I've made some changes in the forums mail config and even filled out and emailed them a form last night that they require in order to let mail get through. I got a response back though that it would be at least a week before they look at it.

well i did just get a email about a private message......finally.

but i also noticed that one had ur email as dnelson@venturerider.org instead of the the verizon.....so i added that also........

i know about the yahoo thing...but we both have yahoo addys for forums etc...in order to keep all the misc stuff out of our regular email.........

I know you have the other email in your personal account.....which we use frequently to email you and others but sometimes ya want a lil privacy....ya never know when i may want to talk about the hubby and not have him see it.........:rotf::rotf:

Good...that is what I intended. Some mail providers will bounce the mails if the email address is not the same as the domain name. Now everybody just needs to make sure that one is added to any spam white lists and etc.