IGNORED

Clutch leaking fluid

My 2001RSV is using fluid in the clutch. I just purchased this bike in December. About two months ago I hadn't yet gotten into a good routine of checking everything, when after about a 30 minute highway ride, I hit some traffic, went to slow down, and I was not able to easily downshift the transmission. After some serious stomping, I finally got into the lower gears when I noticed that even with the clutch fully engaged the bike was still pulling forward. I was able to get to my destination where I opened up the clutch master cylinder to find it was pretty low on fluid. I topped it off and after a couple hours of cool down it seemed to be shifting okay, so I hopped back on to take her home. Again, after the 30 minute ride it was difficult to downshift, but I was able to make it alright. The next morning I bled the system and thought everything was fine. Unfortunately, after another 4-500 miles, the fluid level started to go down again, and it started to shift harder again. I topped it off again and did another more thorough job of bleeding the system. Since then I have added fluid two more times. That's a total of 4 times to add fluid in less than 6 months, riding about 2500 miles.

So, clearly I'm losing fluid somehow. There are no obvious drips or leaks, i.e, no spots on the garage floor. So I believe that I am only losing fluid when the bike is running. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to look or what to fix? Thanks.

If no obvious leakage, around the master, follow the Hose down to the " Clutch Slave Cylinder " Check for any Damage to the hose, or the solid line section on its way to the Slave Cylinder.

Check the " Bleed Screw " for the Slave Cylinder, It might be loose.

If you find nothing to this point, then The slave Cylinder itself might be leaking.

Its located, under the Aft Cover left side. Two bolts hold it on, and it has a gasket which might be leaking, if the Scews are loose.

Or, the hose, where it connects to the Slave Cylinder, might be leaking, if the bolt holding it in place is leaking.