IGNORED

How does your passenger cable lay?

I finally bought a new set of cables for the intercom system from Sierra and I am curious as to how the end of the passenger one is supposed to lay. These wires were original and the holes where the pins would go were rusty.

Currently, the old one in the back is held on with a wire tie on the right passenger hand bar. In the package came two holders for the ends. Did the rear one come with a holder when new? If not, did y'all use the holder that came with the kit? If so, where did you stick it? Is yours on the left or right side?

I have had this bike since 94 and just now working my way to headsets, geez.

Pasted mine down behind the seat with double sided tape, drilled a hole through it to put a cable tie through to keep the end from leaving it's place. Now when I hook in the curly cord it stays behind the seat until my partner wants to ride, then it comes out and she plugs in with the short cord from the helmet, also she doesn't have to walk around with a long cord hanging from her neck.

Currently, the old one in the back is held on with a wire tie on the right passenger hand bar. In the package came two holders for the ends. Did the rear one come with a holder when new? If not, did y'all use the holder that came with the kit? If so, where did you stick it? Is yours on the left or right side?

I have had this bike since 94 and just now working my way to headsets, geez.

Nope I didn't, as I don't carry a passenger much (usually army gear). But you can put the holder on the top of the side luggage or on the front of the trunk, on flat area, by the corner. Normally these go on the left side, same as helmet connection point.

Better late than never, at least the cables are still available..........:thumbsup2: