IGNORED

SWR Meter Connection

Have to pop the trunk up (I usually just undo the screws, tilt it forward and prop up with the appropriate length piece of wood), open that black box and connect to the connectors in that black box. You have to have the special connectors like this:

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SIE%2DSWR12

You may want to check the audio and CB connectors under the passenger seat when you're finished. I know that the extra tension, from tilting the trunk up, sometimes disconnects my passenger audio plug under there.

Edited by gibvel

Thanks Gibvel, thats what I was looking for & thanks for the link

Gambler:banana:

Thanks Gambler I ordered a set. I been looking for them. I have the meter but no cables. Now I have to fine out the correct way how to use the meter.

Thanks Gambler I ordered a set. I been looking for them. I have the meter but no cables. Now I have to fine out the correct way how to use the meter.

Hook in the cables, follow the direction, the one marked (on the meter) to the transmitter, to the radio, the one marked to the attenna to the attenna. Move to an outside location, so not in your garage, although that will work, it isn't the best, juice up the CB, set the meter to FWD and squeeze the PTT switch, Now set the meter to 'set' with the adjustment wheel. Release the PTT, switch the meter to REF and again squeeze the PTT. The meter should read less than 1.5. If so, you're done, you have a good match. If it's more than 1.5 you can try adjusting the attenna to get it lower, the lower the better. Often we have to be happy with what we have because of the bikes we ride, very little ground plane makes for a hard to match system.

Hook in the cables, follow the direction, the one marked (on the meter) to the transmitter, to the radio, the one marked to the attenna to the attenna. Move to an outside location, so not in your garage, although that will work, it isn't the best, juice up the CB, set the meter to FWD and squeeze the PTT switch, Now set the meter to 'set' with the adjustment wheel. Release the PTT, switch the meter to REF and again squeeze the PTT. The meter should read less than 1.5. If so, you're done, you have a good match. If it's more than 1.5 you can try adjusting the attenna to get it lower, the lower the better. Often we have to be happy with what we have because of the bikes we ride, very little ground plane makes for a hard to match system.

Thanks Carl. :2132: