IGNORED

TomTom GPS question

I bought a tomtom one. I need to get a handle bar mount. There seems to be 2 different ones. One is a short mount that bacically aimes the gps unit straight toward you and a longer (taller mount) Which do you hace and wich works best.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest ReinyRooster

Steve, for what it's worth, I have a TomTom Go910 and this is the mount that I have: RAM Mount TomTom GO 510 710 910 Screw Down Plate Mount P/N: RAM-B-138-TO3U SKU: RAMB138TO3

It has a shorter neck but I find it gives my lots of flexibility in moving it around to where I want it. I'll take a pic some day and post it.

Thanks Eck. How are you and your bride doing? Got that Road Star sold yet?

Hey Steve,

We are doing fine..

She wont be doing any more long distance riding, but she said anytime I want to go off, to just go..ha..

She said riding is not her thing (which I knew before we left), but she did try it and never once complained, about riding for 8 hours in the rain either.. so I give her two thumbs up for her efforts..

Yes, I did sell the Road Star. In fact, the guy picked it up this past Friday..so yepper its gone..

It was (is) one fine bike, but it had to go..

I posted it here, but no one really inquired about buying it, so I posted it on Craigs list here in Huntsville on a Tuesday, Thursday I got three calls on it. Friday one man came out looked at it, took it for a ride, and said he was much interested in it. The he sent me several emails over the next couple days. and the following Friday he paid me for it and rode it off in the sun set....

The man joined our site here too "Rozman"... and now I have another VR family member to ride with here in Huntsville.

Only thing is, he has to ride behind me because I cant stand the loud exhaust on that bike.

You can ask DragonRider about how noisy the exhaust is on that bike..... :rotf:

Guest tx2sturgis

Heres a website that sells all kinds of goodies...and a mount for the TomTom as well...

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-TTR

I have 2 of these mounts, one on each bike( for my garmin etrex) , and I use the short 3 inch arm. Works great! I also bought the camera base so I can mount a camera on the bike. You can add that to the order for just a few more dollars.

They are fast shippers!

Thanks everyone for your help. Eck, please tell your wife that it was a pleasure meeting her and thanks for going on the trip with all of us. You have one couragous lady there Eck. She went thru a lot with the weather.

Steve