IGNORED

suspension air pump

Sunman

I am looking for a hand air-pump for the suspension on my '06 RSTD. I found one that had a pressure gauge attached, but it was a 150 PSI gauge, and the range that I would need, was so small I could not get an accurate reading. Can anyone suggest a good air pump for our bikes, and a company that has a decent price on them? What PSI range should I look for ? I figured 50 PSI max reading would be fine, since the front is so low, and the rear is 40 max I believe. And in another thread someone mentioned a pump with a 'Zero loss' chuck. I have had no luck sourcing that out on the net. Any help most appreciated. Also, what kind of pressure should I be running in my rear and front shocks? Here are the stats, I am 250 lbs, mostly ride by myself, but on occasion I have a 125 lb passenger. Any suggestions?

Sonny

Check your local Harley-Davidson dealer. They have the Progressive pump with the "Harley" logo on it. I believe they have two different ones, 0-30 and 0-60. Get the 0-60 one. Believe it or not, it's cheaper at the Harley shop than it is from Progressive. I think I paid $40.00 for mine...

I have the Progressive 0-30 PSI and I got it from Dennis Kirk 10 mile s up the road.

NO shipping. About $40.00 or so.

I also bought the kit that links both fork legs together so it balances the preasure. ~$20.00

7 PSI max front :Cartoon_397:

Hope that helps

Steve

Edited by Bubber

I like the Dennis Kirk guage. But be careful with the item number you order. I accidently ordered the 0-100 psi which doesn't do you a whole lot of good:

• Five models of gauge-mounted pumps are ideal for low-volume, high-pressure systems (i.e. forks, shocks)
  • Each Micro Pocket Pump has a 2 3/4 in. stroke and a 9 in. flex connector, with a built-in gauge and bleed valve
  • Lightweight and easy to use; each stroke adds .7 cu. in. of air
  • A special connector prevents air loss when connecting and disconnecting
  • Available in:
    0-15 psi: 28236
    0-30 psi: 28234
    0-60 psi: 28235
    0-100 psi: 28224
    0-300 psi: 282090

SUNMAN,

I have a Progressive pump 0-60 lb for sale $25.00 and you pay shipping.

I sold my Venture a while back and do not need the pump.

Still in the box and used very little.

Just offering.

I will take it. PM on the way.

SUNMAN,

I have a Progressive pump 0-60 lb for sale $25.00 and you pay shipping.

I sold my Venture a while back and do not need the pump.

Still in the box and used very little.

Just offering.

Lateralvibe, I have responded to all of your emails, and sent you a PM as well. I am not sure why you are not getting them. I do want the pump, and I just need to know how much shipping is to Hamilton, Ontario Canada. My postal code is L8W 2Z5. Thanks for your time.

Sonny

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my suspension pump today, thanks Lateralvibe!! It seems to work fantastic, I only put about 12 psi in the rear shock, just to see how I like it. Thanks for helping me out. 3 cheers for lateralvibe!

:63: