IGNORED

Trying to avoid the dealership . . . .

DIRTDIVA

Okay folks, maybe ya'll can help. I know it's not a Venture but I gotta crawl before I walk so here goes..........

My V-Star quit running last summer. Took it in to a bike mechanic, says the CDI unit went out. Finally replaced that a few weeks ago. Still won't start. Have had ppl tinkering to avoid having to take it up to Fargo and get raped for a simple job. The latest is it has no spark but it's arcing somewhere like where the seat goes but Bones (Tinkerer #3) can't find where. He's more of a motor man than an electrical man. I just know it's something so simple that a guy could look it up and bam there's the problem and it's an easy fix. I just haven't found that right guy. Just for taking the tank off Fargo would charge like an hour labor and it took Bones 3 minutes to get it off so you see my problem. Gawd do I wish it was Labor Day W'end and I was at Pork in the Pines and my bike was the pity bike! But it's May and it's riding time, and gas is through the friggin roof and more importantly, I've got the itch dammit, I wanna ride!

I know ya can't fix a bike without it in front of ya so suggestions are all I'm asking for.

H E L P ! :confused24:

Brandi

If your hearin it or seeing it arc I would have to guess its a bad spark plug wire. The only voltage high enough to ARC is from the coil to the spark plug and its only got one wire to each plug. Check at the coil to see that the spark plug wires are seated properly.

Don't know that I can help, but back when Deb had her Vstar 1100 custom, I went here a few times and found quite a few techy Vstar addicts that we very helpful.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/star_riders/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks for the info. Will be puting it back together and running up to Gary's to meet with Black Owl. Any excuse to see VentureRiders works for me!

Brandi