IGNORED

Mounting Dunlop Elite 4

It was past time for a new rear tire on my 89' and I was tired of the short life from the Avon Cobras, so I bought a Dunlop Elite 4. I pulled the Avon off and started to put the Elite 4 on the rim, but I couldn't get it started. This tire is way stiffer than other tires I've used, and I couldn't get the first side started on the rim so that over 1/2 of the tire was on the rim. I used tire lubricant and tried every combination I could think of, but I couldn't get it to a point where it would stay by itself so I could use the tire irons to finish if off.

Those of you who have mounted a rear Elite 4 on their 1st Gen. please tell me how you did it.

Frank

I took it to a shop. [emoji12] Seriously, I've heard they're hard to mount by hand. Cowpuc will probably chime in soon and he may have a trick or two.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Earlier I'd decided that it probably would be best to take it to where they had more than tire irons to persuade it to join the rim... I remember Cowpuc commenting that it was a bit tough to mount so I hope he joins in.....Puc---how did you do it?

Frank

I've been meaning to get one of these for a long time. I've also been considering switching over to E4s so now may be the time to pull the trigger on the YellowThing.

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/YellowThing_Tire_Tool_p/ac-yellowthing.htm

I have an E4 on the rear and an E3 still on the front. On my trip down through PA, WV, NC, TN that E4 felt real good through the twisties. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, other than putting it on by hand perhaps. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk