IGNORED

Another one for the experts here.....

I have been having problems with my 06 Midnight Venture. Specifically one of the cyclinders ie; As I sit on the bike it is the rear cylinder on my LEFT.

First it was gas-fouling plugs on this cylinder....Ran 3 cans of SeaFoam through 2 tanks of gas and the carb-float problem seems to be gone now.

NOW....Today I went for a spin that was roughly 100 miles at speeds from 50-70mph. When I got home I checked all the exhaust headers as they come out of the cylinders. The header coming from that LEFT REAR CYLINDER was warm to the touch whereas the others were very HOT.

Performance-wise the bike was fairly decent but I did notice a slight popping and at times it seemed sluggish on the throttle with small periods of hesitancy when I rolled on the throttle...... and even tried holding the throttle steady at 50mph in 3rd gear.

Any ideas as to what I should do from this point?:confused24:

I'm thinking about re-synching the carbs....... and doing it step-by-step as provided by Freebird here in the Tech Section. Also putting in 4 new plugs as well with the synch job.

Note: Sorry for such a long post but I want to get as much info out in order to help you guys with the trouble-shooting advice.

Regards............Boomer

I agree with Redneck

TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.

It is under warranty so let them find the problem

I work on my 06 all the time but when I can not get it fixed right away I take it back and let them find out what is wrong.

Best of luck

Bikenut:080402gudl_prv:

7036.16 in reply to 7036.10

Dropped the bike off at the Dealer last night. Despite all efforts my buddy and I could not resolve the plug gas-fouling problem.

Now I'm playing the waiting game for the Dealer to find/fix the problem.

As soon as all is done I will post the results here for the benefit of all.

Neither the Dealer or the Service Tech's seemed to think this problem was a big deal so I'm guessing that the problem is an easy fix. The Dealer even told me that if he had to he would drop a brand new engine in the bike if push came to shove. There is one older Tech working there now and he seems to know his stuff so we shall see.

Man it really frosts my cookies to have all this great weather and the Beast is sitting in the Shop.

I am seriously considering adding a 2nd bike to the family because of this situation.....and if I can find Momma's cookie jar you can bet your ass I'll be buying....LOL!

Regards all.........Boomer

The problem has been found.........Bad coil! The Dealer is going to replace the coil,slap in 4 new plugs,and re-synch the carbs.....and just for fun he is putting in a new ignition module. All at no cost to me of course.

Regards........Boomer

ps: A tip of the hat to you Redneck! You nailed it right.:cool10: