IGNORED

Shout out to Skydoc (AKA Earl)

Karaboo

Thanks to Skydoc_17 I have the best brakes in the whole fargin' world! His de-linking kit and instructions are awesome.

Out with the old.

0512191039_HDR.jpg

In with the new. The color match is pretty good.

0511191130.jpg

First ride was great. I could have been riding on Sunday, but the fronts took a little extra time to bleed.

Even with a broken back, Earl delivers the goods. More good thoughts heading your way.

0511191130.jpg

0511191130.jpg

What he said!!

Skydoc_17 delivers the goods!

And just for the MK1 riders; You do not have to switch front calipers to see a vast improvement in braking performance. I only switched my front master cylinder out for a MK2 unit and kept the MK1 tubes and calipers with the delinking kit from Earl. Now my brakes are more than adequate and behave like MC brakes should.

Yamaha maintains that trail braking is still possible and effective with the linked brakes, but I did not like the feel and did not aggressively trail brake when they were linked. It's good to be able to rely on 30 years experience rather than second guessing myself.

I almost wiped out on loose grave because of the linked brakes because no matter how gentle you are on the foot brake when you have loose sand or gravel specially on a hard surface that front wheel looks up and there goes your ability keep the bike stable. On that occasion two attempts to stop and a a pending wipe out were avoided simply because both time I released the brakes in the nick of time. With the delinked system I no longer have that problem.