IGNORED

Looking for....

Squidley

any information about LED's that can be used to replace "peanut bulbs" for some of the aftermarket 1st gen lights. I dont know that I have ever seen anything like what I'm describing. I have to ease the power consumption that the bulbs take and I'm curious to know if there are direct replacements that will fit into the exsisting bulb receptacles.....Thanks for any guidance

:)

Squidley I saw the bulbs to replace the push type in my marker lights on my rar lightbar and my front spoiler lights, they were leds and like $10 each I must haev lost the link i had but i think JC whitney may have had them ill keep looking.

I remember it was Drag Specialties Fat book. they have red and amber leds.

http://media.50below.com/catalogs/877/products/detail/1d6ab231-20bb-4452-9832-a2b63ad5af6b.jpg

http://www.shopv-twincycles.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=5195978&catalogId=&searchProducts=led%20bulbs

currently i have sylvania 158 bp wedge bulbs but i would need 16 of the leds at $9 x 16

oops i just installed the leds , i got the wrong color , amber , so i moved them up front , on the roter covers , i have 2 leds on 1 side and 2 peanut bulbs on the other side , tomarrow i am going to have to buy more of them !! the leds are brighter than the bulbs and more yellow , they look good !!! its gona take a few paydays to get them all changed but it will be werth it

thom

When you replace a bulb with an LED you need to pay attention to the direction of the LED. Some are set to shine from the side and some from the top. I tried the a set that were set to shine through the top (end). They would not work correctly in the trunk light bar on my 1st gen. The sideways ones shown in an earlier post would work in the trunk.

JB

oops i just installed the leds , i got the wrong color , amber , so i moved them up front , on the roter covers , i have 2 leds on 1 side and 2 peanut bulbs on the other side , tomarrow i am going to have to buy more of them !! the leds are brighter than the bulbs and more yellow , they look good !!! its gona take a few paydays to get them all changed but it will be werth it

thom

Do you have part numbers or a link Thom?

Just come up with the remembering that I have a whole wack of 1157 LED bulb here. Some are from CTC, some are from a local seller, and some are from Super Bright. I haven't been convinced to put any in the tail light. They show up alright for a tail light but the difference for the brake is almost non-exsistant. Night time is better than day time but still does not come anywheres near close to an incadescent, so I'm running incadescent. Maybe I need to change my fuse block, they seem to work fine straight from a 12 volt source (battery charger) but don't perform in the scoot.