IGNORED

What tools do you carry on your RSV

Well I use to carry a larger assortment than now. I carry a leatherman tool on my belt. My current Victory didnt even come with tools. Maybe one of those flip screw drivers, small pair of vise grips and a plug wrench. I also carry a tire plug kit and cO2 inflator. Oh yea and a credit card. Think about it, what are you actually going to fix on the side of the road. You aint changing no tire (the bike is 900lb and has to be lifted high to get tire off). Check it over before you leave, and if your not confident it's going to make it repair it.

I have a small took kit that looks like it came with the bike originally. I could be wrong, as I am about to take my first long trip what tools do you keep on your scoot.

The factory gen3 tool kit.

toolkit.jpg

a SLIME tire plug kit from wal-mart or wherever.

a 12 volt compressor, H4 bulb, extension mirror, flip screwdriver & 8" crescent, and some microfiber towels that can always do double duty cleaning whatever.

I carry the factory kit plus a tool kit from my old 1976 Hold Wing limited. It has sockets, ratchets, lots of open end and box end wrenches. A 12 inch crescent, hammer, soldering gun, glueless tire plug kit, 12v compressor, wire ties, epoxy, superglue, microfiber towels. Small WD40, contact cleaner. I’ve rebuilt rear wheels, bearings, replaced alternator, endless chains, melted fuse boxes, leaking carburetors, tires, clutch and brake master cylinders, brake pads, and numerous other things. Normally 4 of us that ride together. Been all over the US, unimaginable miles, close to a million.

never know what’s gonna happen. Most of the time nothing at all..