IGNORED

Just installed a Mr Gasket 42s fuel pump... .a couple of questions

Does this pump stop gas flow when the bike is not running or do I have to get into the habit shutting off the petcock?

Anyone had one of these pumps fail? I switched to it because the points on my OEM pump are already pitted pretty bad and this 2008 RSV has just under 24K on it.

That pump doesn’t have the anti siphon. I had hydro lock with the OEM pump once. Fortunately no damage but I got in the habit of shutting off the fuel every time I turn the bike off. On another bike I used the 42s and had no problem

Hmmm. My biggest concern is the longevity of this pump. It's gotta last longer than the stock one, Right?

Am I reading the specs wrong? It's stated that this pump prevents vapor lock. This is the description over at Summit Racing:

Brand: Mr. Gasket

Manufacturer's Part Number: 42S

Part Type: Fuel Pumps, Electric External

Product Line: Mr. Gasket Micro Electronic Fuel Pumps

Summit Racing Part Number: MRG-42S

UPC: 084041996287

Free Flow Rate: 42 gph/159 lph

Maximum Pressure (psi): 2 to 3.5 psi

Inlet Size: 1/8 in. NPT

Inlet Quantity: One

Inlet Attachment: Female threads

Outlet Size: 1/8 in. NPT

Outlet Quantity: One

Outlet Attachment: Female threads

Quantity: Sold individually.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, NV, GA, TX) on our web site.

These Mr. Gasket micro electronic fuel pumps are compatible with gasoline or diesel (depending on the application) based fuels and additives. They feature solid-state, worry-free electronics and eliminate vapor lock and flooding. Mr. Gasket micro electronic fuel pumps are great as stand-alone or booster pumps, are self-priming, and have a simple 2-wire design. They work with 12 V negative-ground systems and include mounting hardware. Mr. Gasket micro electronic fuel pumps will supply adequate fuel, time and time again.

I was able to use the stock clamp because I didn't use the filter that came with the pump (have one under the driver seat just behind the tank) and used a 3" brass nipple with a union and fuel line fitting so the tips of both fuel nipple are almost even. The stock clamp fits tightly even though you see gaps in the pics I am posting and gap in the clamp for the black plastic extension on the stock pump clamps very nicely on the brass fuel pipe I put on the mister gasket. I did this because I am going to replace the points on the stock pump and use it as a spare and wanted it to be plug and play.

For part of the plug and play, instead of splicing the stock pump connector onto the MR Gasket, I cut the 2 pin clip off the old pump and soldered on waterproof 2 female pin connectors on to it. (like old hondas and such used)The plugged it back into the the one on the bike. Then I soldered on the waterproof male pins onto the wires of the stock pump and Mr Gasket pump so that either one can plug into the female pin connectors that are on the stock 2 pin connector.

Resized_20190316_120856.jpeg

Resized_20190316_121109.jpg