IGNORED

Foot Surgery

bongobobny

Well, I talked to the Doctor yesterday, and he has agreed to postpone the surgery until August. That means I can make it to Marcarls and the International Rally!! Unfortunately Ashville will be out of the question, and I was sooo looking forward to meeting that crowd.

They will be just removing the bone that my middle toe is conected to, but will leave the toe itself on "for decoration." Also, the recovery time wil be just a few weeks instead of the few months I had anticipated. Also, it should not affect my balance, so I guess I can postpone triking out Goldie for another couple of years yet.

Thanks to al of you who have been praying for me as it means a LOT to me...

You better watch out for the 2nd genners, Bongo, they're gonna claim you're just like a 1st gen bike, claiming your parts are falling off!!!!! Seriously, I know how this has been weighing on your mind and what a relief it is to know it's not going to be as bad as it could have been. We're all in this together with ya!

:bighug:

Dan

Guest JGorom

Always in our thoughts and prayers Robert...I'm sure we will be hooking up sometime before your surgery. At least you now know what the plan is and what you can attend.

Good luck. I hope your not in pain until August. I had tennon surgery on Dec30. It took me about 2 months before I could ride again. It was my left foot, I was having problems getting on and off the bike. I'm still having a few problem, but better than I was doing this time last year.

Thanks, everyone! Yes, I am very concerned as I have to stand and walk at work and I realy want to finish the last five years of my career before retiring. Also, and equally as important, Becky and I realy enjoy riding. If anything were to happen, yes I will trike out my ride so that we can continue to ride for many more years.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in the next few months. While I am recovering in August feel free to stop in and visit. I plan on spending most of the time soaking up rays on the deck!!