IGNORED

Another Seafoam Miracle

dfitzbiz

I filled up my 2007 Silverado on Friday trip from Chambersburg, PA to Richmond, VA on Saturday afternoon. I didn’t think much about it at the time but I do remember the pump delivering the gas as running very slowly.

About 10 miles north of Richmond on I-95 the truck chugged to a stop. I sat for a few minutes and it started right up. Went about 5 miles and she stopped again. Waited, restarted and went about 2 miles and stopped again. I continued with this process with the results dwindling as I went. The final stages only allowing me to go about 200 yards. It appeared that either the fuel filter was blocked or the fuel pump was shot.

I finally chugged into a police sub-station in Chesterfield, VA and called ConnerCamp (a former member here, sold his Venture but that’s another story). By now it was early evening. Steve picked us up and gave us a ride to Auto Zone where I purchased a can of Seafoam.

I added the Seafoam to an estimated 8 gallons of fuel and ran the engine for a few minutes. Tried to drive the truck with poor results.

We allowed the Seafoam to soak overnight and tried the truck the next morning. It ran with absolutely no issues. We took several 30-minute trips and the truck ran fine. We left Chesterfield on Tuesday afternoon for the trip to Chambersburg, made it with no issues.

The miracle cure worked again, I’m a believer.

I paid a courtesy visit to the gas station today to advise them of my analysis of the situation. Of course, they assured me that their fuel was clean and their filters had been changed last week. I didn’t try their pumps to see if they delivered faster today than last week. I think I’ll avoid them in the future.

I paid a courtesy visit to the gas station today to advise them of my analysis of the situation. Of course, they assured me that their fuel was clean and their filters had been changed last week. I didn’t try their pumps to see if they delivered faster today than last week. I think I’ll avoid them in the future.

They may change their filters but that does not mean that for one reason or another ground water is not getting into their holding tanks.

They may change their filters but that does not mean that for one reason or another ground water is not getting into their holding tanks.

I agree, and I would change your filters as well.

Also, get online and complain to the Main site, Marathon, whoever. Might get a voucher :happy34: