IGNORED

Passenger drink holders

I just purchased the Ciro black drink holder for my venture and its great. Wifey saw it and said i need to get her one. What are my options for the passenger drink holder? Doing a search doesn't get me too far. Thx in advance.

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

I had the chrome KuryAkyn holders on my RSV. One for the driver and one for the passenger. It will take some thinking and fabricating to come up with a passenger solution on this bike. Also, I wanted to go all black on this one but the black was out of stock everywhere I looked. I ordered it about 3 months ago and got an email this week that it was still unavailable and they had no idea when it would be again. So my order was cancelled. The KuryAkyn website shows that it won't be available until February of 2019. I don't guess I'll need it until then anyway so will wait and try again. That Ciro looks good but I really want to stick with the all black. I will also try to come up with a solution for the passenger this winter while waiting.

21202_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg

I had the chrome KuryAkyn holders on my RSV. One for the driver and one for the passenger. It will take some thinking and fabricating to come up with a passenger solution on this bike. Also, I wanted to go all black on this one but the black was out of stock everywhere I looked. I ordered it about 3 months ago and got an email this week that it was still unavailable and they had no idea when it would be again. So my order was cancelled. The KuryAkyn website shows that it won't be available until February of 2019. I don't guess I'll need it until then anyway so will wait and try again. That Ciro looks good but I really want to stick with the all black. I will also try to come up with a solution for the passenger this winter while waiting.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115018

Freebird, i think the Ciro black looks great and works great myself!5a4007b250b578634fe593cd1ccdb7af.jpg

Freebird, i think the Ciro black looks great and works great myself!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/5a4007b250b578634fe593cd1ccdb7af.jpg

I agree that it's nice and I may well go that way. I didn't find one that was all black though. Even what they called black has the chrome ring around the top. Is there one that I'm missing?

Yep, looks like they do have it in all black. I guess that's the way I'll go if KuryAkyn doesn't have them by the spring. I still think I like the KuryAkyn better as it has some rubber fingers around the top that keeps difference size mugs from rocking back and forth. The rubber bottom of that one may work just as well, I just don't know.

Let me say this about a drink holder. I had a Kurican on the Venture and something from the boat shop of the tour Deluxe. Mine was great for the first couple of rides. After a few months I found I never carried a drink anymore. Coffee always seemed to get cold quick even with an insulated cup, soda and water or even gator aid quickly reach air temp and seem to be FLAT. Any cup with a closed lid is a PITA to drink from with only one hand, and anything open has a tendency to have liquid wicked out by the venturi effect over the open lid. Also the whole idea of adding a reason to take a hand and some of my concentration off the bike and bars seems counter productive as I get older! Now when she or I got a little dry its time to pull over and stretch a bit any how. I've removed mine and used the clamp to hold the head unit for my front and rear view cameras.

I get your points but still love having my coffee handy. :) The VentureRider mugs that I sold here a few years ago work fantastic in my opinion. No leaking at all. You just push a center button to open and close them. They keep coffee hot for a long time, far longer than I will ride without stopping for gas or whatever.

Yep, looks like they do have it in all black. I guess that's the way I'll go if KuryAkyn doesn't have them by the spring. I still think I like the KuryAkyn better as it has some rubber fingers around the top that keeps difference size mugs from rocking back and forth. The rubber bottom of that one may work just as well, I just don't know.

Don,

I've got a Kuryakyn all Black perch mount drink holder with the mesh bottom up for sale. i bought it for my Road Glide, used it once and didn't like it. it was just too big for me. Make me an offer