IGNORED

I've just been diagnosed with a serious condition

Graywulf

I have a bad case of Yamabug. :Cartoon_397:

I've been riding Barney every day, I'd forgotten just how much I enjoyed the 'laid back' cruiser riding style. {my change to sport/tourers was driven by a need to get from A to B fast, in the event of} Problem is, I've been using Barney every day, commuting, which really it isn't designed for, on the excuse of 'checking everything is OK with a low km's bike' and when the CB1300 has been ridden, it's been a 'meh' event and I'm 'deliberately'? finding fault with the riding position, bent up legs, etc, etc.

I'm going to need to re-arrange my garage, I think I found a cure, or, have I only exacerbated the condition? :Im not listening to

As of tomorrow I add my 'new' daily rider to live with Barney

XV1600.jpg 450540784.jpg

David that is a good looking scoot. I did the same thing a couple years ago but I don't get to ride it either, my son took it over. Mine is a 1300 with fairing, hard saddlebags and trunk.

Well the XV1.6 is home today, much easier in traffic, lighter and performance seems pretty similar. May have a bit more down low, but once moving? Parked it next to Barney, kinda brings home just how BIG the Ventures are, {sorry it's a cell ph shot} No kids at home for me lol, and it's safe from little fingers of the 'womankind' She has her RTS Spyder.

the duo_n.jpg

Better watch out. That 1600 is very addicting. They are an absolute blast to ride.

I have the Yamabug like you. It all started with an 06 Midnight Venture that I loved. Due to the economy crashing, I had to sell her. Once things started to get a little better, I bought a 2000 Road Star 1600 for cheap. Loved that bike also but my wife didn't like riding on it so I sold it and picked up a 2002 RSV which I sold after a year because I found a 2008 RSV with super low miles a a great price. Wound up selling the 2008 RSV recently and picked another 2008 RSV. :doh: Don't ask. The previous 08 was Maroon and the newest one is Gray. I am hoping that the Gray one is faster.

Then I picked up a 2009 Road Star 1700 fuel injected. I love the 1700 so much that I ride it way more than the RSV. Set it up as a solo rider and upgraded the suspension, custom exhaust, custom handlebars etc. It's a super fun bike and easy to handle in town and most back roads but I don't like it nearly as much as the RSV on the highway. I ride it almost exclusively when riding solo. The only workout the RSV gets is when we are 2 up riding.

Now that you are enjoying your yamacruiser, don't neglect your RSV. She is too nice to be treated like that.:)

Better watch out. That 1600 is very addicting. They are an absolute blast to ride.

I have the Yamabug like you. It all started with an 06 Midnight Venture that I loved. Due to the economy crashing, I had to sell her. Once things started to get a little better, I bought a 2000 Road Star 1600 for cheap. Loved that bike also but my wife didn't like riding on it so I sold it and picked up a 2002 RSV which I sold after a year because I found a 2008 RSV with super low miles a a great price. Wound up selling the 2008 RSV recently and picked another 2008 RSV. :doh: Don't ask. The previous 08 was Maroon and the newest one is Gray. I am hoping that the Gray one is faster.

Then I picked up a 2009 Road Star 1700 fuel injected. I love the 1700 so much that I ride it way more than the RSV. Set it up as a solo rider and upgraded the suspension, custom exhaust, custom handlebars etc. It's a super fun bike and easy to handle in town and most back roads but I don't like it nearly as much as the RSV on the highway. I ride it almost exclusively when riding solo. The only workout the RSV gets is when we are 2 up riding.

Now that you are enjoying your yamacruiser, don't neglect your RSV. She is too nice to be treated like that.:)

No fear of 'Barney' being neglected grubsie, the XV is a 'daily rider'. RSV is for distance and two up rides. I know the 1700 has more power, but as a commuter/solo the 1,6 is plenty adequate. You're right though, it's a great bike to ride. Barney is in the garage partly 'pampered' ans will get a little bit more next days off.