IGNORED

Sometimes it's not about burning up the asphalt

s.tyler58

This is a little video from a pleasure ride I took last fall that had nothing to do with speed. It was a beautiful day and sometimes you just got to take to the gravel to see how beautiful it is. I have since learned that higher RPM are a major benefit, and that newly rocked roads are challenging to say the least. Some of these rocks were up to an inch and a half as you'll see in places on the video. A little like riding on ball bearings. Anyway it was fun, and something out of the ordinary on here, at least nobody talks about leaving the cement much on these very capable steeds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I avoid those gravel roads at all costs. A few months back, in Indiana the idiots backroad rural repair crew, I ran into a crew putting gravel down, spraying it with oil, then steam rolling it. I navigated 100 feet of the gravel / oil, without being steamrolled, and scared the crap out of me. I avoided that road for weeks.

Be safe, gravel will leave a mark :superman:

Them the roads we love, taking it easy (easier than you) and just enjoying the country side. Sometimes the gravel would get too deep and we would find another road to travel on. Sometimes it would get a bit dusty, but never soooo dusty that Saddlebum wouldn't want to stick it out, seemingly he loves gravel as well.