IGNORED

How do I check the CB antenna location?

On my '07 RSV the CB and radio antennas are reversed from the sides they were mounted to on my '04 RSV. The CB is on the right and the am/fm is on the left. The CB seems to work about as good on the '07 as the '04. My question is, is there a way to determine if the antenna staffs have been improperly installed or if by chance they are correct and the cables were just routed to the opposite sides? Is there a way to visually check this short of tearing into the radio and tracking down the cables? This has been bugging me for a while and I am about to tear into it.

Thanks,

Dennis

On my '07 RSV the CB and radio antennas are reversed from the sides they were mounted to on my '04 RSV. The CB is on the right and the am/fm is on the left. The CB seems to work about as good on the '07 as the '04. My question is, is there a way to determine if the antenna staffs have been improperly installed or if by chance they are correct and the cables were just routed to the opposite sides? Is there a way to visually check this short of tearing into the radio and tracking down the cables? This has been bugging me for a while and I am about to tear into it.

Thanks,

Dennis

I will guarantee it's not hooked up right. Just look under the right antenna and follow the cable, if I goes to the front of the bike then it's on the radio if it goes up to the box under the trunk then it's the CB. It's easy to swap them back, leave the cables in place and just move the upper antenna mount and all. All you should need is a couple of adjustable wrenches. Takes 5 min at the most.

I checked the cabling and the right side is routed along the CB box under the trunk and then turns toward the center and then back toward the front of the bike. I assume it is headed toward the AM/FM radio. The left cable turns into the left side of the CB housing. So, it seems clear to me that the antennas are reversed. I'll be changing them tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

Dennis

Turn off the CB.

Turn off the bike.

Remove one antenna.

if the FM radio does not work, you remove the one that is WIRED to the FM radio....

My bike came from teh shop with them switched during instalation....

Also, does it matter what side the CB is on??????

Guest tx2sturgis

The CB antenna, the one with the center load, should be on the left (clutch)side of the bike. If its not, its been reversed by someone who didnt know which side it should be on.

Easy to remember on the Venture, the same side of the bike that has the PTT button, is the side that the CB antenna goes on.

Get out a couple of wrenches and swap em out if they got reversed.

Guest tx2sturgis

Mine also came from the dealer with the antennas reversed. IF I was in charge of all things Yamaha, I would either put a sticker in the trunk, pointing to the left side of the bike, saying "CB antenna goes on left side of bike"...OR...I would just supply the bike with TWO CB antennas, since the AM/FM works just fine using either antenna.

DUH.

My dealer not only reversed the antennas, but they folded to the rear of the bike. I guess so I could ride the bike under low overpasses and not damage the anntnnas, or I could use the hot exhaust to roast some hot dogs as i ride....:rotf:

It took me a few minutes to reverse them and have them fold forward.