IGNORED

Harley sideswiped.

Air Ready Auto

Happened right in front of my shop. Some 40-something woman sideswiped a 50 something lady on the Harley. The lady in the car wasn't even paying attention. Speeds at the time of the accident or somewhere between 25 and 30 miles an hour. The Harley flipped twice and the woman was sent into the ditch. One of the guys in my shop and I rushed out to check her. Possibly a broken back, for sure broken leg. The lady in the car just said I never saw her. Ride safe out there my friends because you never know what's going to happen.

Edited by Air Ready Auto

Happened right in front of my shop. Some 40-something woman sideswiped a 50 something lady on the Harley. The lady in the car wasn't even paying attention. Speeds at the time of the accident or somewhere between 25 and 30 miles an hour. The Harley flipped twice and the woman was sent into the ditch. One of the guys in my shop and I rushed out to check her. Possibly a broken back, for sure broken leg. The lady in the car just said I never saw her. Ride safe out there my friends because you never know what's going to happen.

So sad and happens wayyy to often IMHO Ready!! I think someone should start a thread where we all share in defining what "ride safe out there my friends" mean to them.. As bikers sharing the roads with folks who, many of them anyways, obviously really dont care what happens to their fellow man/woman - I think part of riding safe for us entails something along the line of not just riding our own vehicle but also developing the ability to predict/determine what the other driver(s) around us are going to do.. One thing for sure,, the open road is no place for practicing the basics of throttle, clutch, brake control - things that should be done out of habit way before he/she hits the road so the rider can use his brain power to "drive" those vehicles, like the one who hit the 50 year old in your story, for the people out there who are behind the wheel but absent in all other ways....... Sad

We are forced to share roads with driving lunatics. I recently had a near miss with a fully loaded dump truck running a red light - if I had pulled out on the green light I would have been squashed like a bug. Just an hour ago, I was riding on a rural road which has a 90 degree turn around a house with zero visibility. Last summer I came around that turn to find a dump truck following the centerline of the road and had to do an emergency skid off to the side and just missed getting wasted.

I'm always sorry to hear of riders who are injured by lunatic car/truck drivers. The only thing I can figure out is to ride on roads with few cars and trucks and maybe minimize the crazy stuff.

zag

Saw a similar recently, light went green a the guy in a truck took off regardless of the car that was completing a left turn in front of him. Nearly ran into the back of him.

GREEN light means "GO IF SAFE TO DO SO! So many seen to see it as GO! I have right of way & if you are in my way I'll drive over you.

Way too many distracted, I'm late, in a rush morons out there on the roads now.

& yes I truly believe that many drivers really don't care if they injure someone, people make mistakes when driving but instead of raised eyebrows & a shke of the head we now seem to have an "I showed him/ her" mentality.

& have you noticed how these bad drivers always turn aggressive if taken to task over their stupid actions?

I agree, people drive like lunatics. I've gotten spoiled after moving out into the sticks, most of my riding is country roads and I work from home so I get to take a few hours off for a ride whenever I want, but the downside is I've gotten used to that and am not comfortable in traffic anymore. I used to commute 65 miles a day round trip all year round but either I've gotten old or people have gotten crazier and I sure as heck wouldn't survive that now.